Post-Game Talk: Flyers grind out a 2-1 win over Panthers, snapping their 4 game win streak

How will Panthers finish the season? 33 games to go

• They fall apart and allow both TOR and TB to knock them to wildcard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Everyone gave Lundell a pass last year for a sophomore slump. He had a good playoffs but so did pretty much everyone.

Now it's his 3rd season and he seems to be regressing again. Frustrating. He has/had all the potential to be a 2C. Tired of hearing he needs better linemates. He is on the 3rd line, usually facing lesser competition. He needs to elevate his game and show he can step up.

It's contract time for him and he's an RFA. Does he need a change of scenery?
I would say Kakko but it’s not like the panthers are deep at center

And KK is another reclamation project

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Lundell was fine when he had Reinhart or Samo

Cousins is a line killer
. I just don't get it
He set up two grade A scoring chances tonight, one for Lundell and one for Luostarinen. He was actually the line driver tonight.

Of course Lundell looked good with Reinhart. He's a top winger in the NHL. Reinhart made Lundell look good, not the other way around! Did Samo even get a point?

I want the kid to succeed. I'm really disappointed in his growth.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Cousins sucks and it is not a shocker that the team shit the bed upon his return. Samo deserves the spot 100 x more than this shitbag.

For you Stinkblad lovers, how did you like his play on the GWG? Impressive for a bag of dog shit. Drop him to the 3rd pairing and maybe he can keep up.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
He set up two grade A scoring chances tonight, one for Lundell and one for Luostarinen. He was actually the line driver tonight.

Of course Lundell looked good with Reinhart. He's a top winger in the NHL. Reinhart made Lundell look good, not the other way around! Did Samo even get a point?

I want the kid to succeed. I'm really disappointed in his growth.

No samo didn't get a point but he looked fine next to Barkov and Rodrigues.

Cousins being in the lineup ensures you only have two good lines not 3.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Slump busters at it again. And WSH on a losing streak coming in... Many teams will keep this game on tape for how to stiffle our offense.

Better a bad performance now to wake them up that they cannot let up for the 2nd half of the season.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Yeah, Lundell's development has been disappointing, But I always go back to his rookie year. It still stands as his best season not just statistically but eye test wise even if he was the 3rd wheel. Reinhart is Reinhart and Marchment is still the 2nd best player Lundell has played with regularly.

Since that season, Lundell has been on the 3rd line saddled with grinders, which isn't conducive to developing his offensive ability since he's expected to be the main driver of his line at both ends of the ice.

Last edited:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
The team has too many guys who can forecheck but have no scoring talent. Gadjo is cool and all but IMO shouldn't be a regular.
If Maurice likes Cousins put him on the 4th and get L&L a shooter imo
Why’re you targeting Gadjovich? The 4th line was great all night, I have no interest in sitting a guy who can (and does) defend teammates so Lomberg and Cousins can play. And I don’t mind either of those two, they do their jobs well.

The issue is the 3rd line not producing, and I don’t blame Lundell. People forget that he had players who can produce on his wing his first year in Marchment and Reino, has had Luostairinen as a regular since, and this year has rotated with Lomberg, Samo, and mostly Cousins…none of whom are Reino.

Imo, the only move Zito really needs to make is a 3rd line guy.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Luostar was also coming off a 40 point season which I was hopeful at the very least he could at least stay close to that pace. He's on pace for barely 22 points.
The third line needs help getting going offensively.

Why’re you targeting Gadjovich? The 4th line was great all night, I have no interest in sitting a guy who can (and does) defend teammates so Lomberg and Cousins can play. And I don’t mind either of those two, they do their jobs well.

The issue is the 3rd line not producing, and I don’t blame Lundell. People forget that he had players who can produce on his wing his first year in Marchment and Reino, has had Luostairinen as a regular since, and this year has rotated with Lomberg, Samo, and mostly Cousins…none of whom are Reino.

Imo, the only move Zito really needs to make is a 3rd line guy.

It can be Gadjo, Lomberg, Cousins. All three play tough hard hockey. No complaints about anyone individually. Just feel that Cousins is a 4th line player and does no offensive favors to the guys next to him.
Outside of that blip with Bennett and Chucky, Cousins hasn't been much of a factor offensively, and for LL & AL I rather see a winger with more of a scoring touch to try to get them in somewhat of a groove before the playoffs. If that means rotating Cousins and Gadjo, with a healthy roster, so be it.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Luostar was also coming off a 40 point season which I was hopeful at the very least he could at least stay close to that pace. He's on pace for barely 22 points.
The third line needs help getting going offensively.

It can be Gadjo, Lomberg, Cousins. All three play tough hard hockey. No complaints about anyone individually. Just feel that Cousins is a 4th line player and does no offensive favors to the guys next to him.
Outside of that blip with Bennett and Chucky, Cousins hasn't been much of a factor offensively, and for LL & AL I rather see a winger with more of a scoring touch to try to get them in somewhat of a groove before the playoffs. If that means rotating Cousins and Gadjo, with a healthy roster, so be it.
With Tkachuk forever being Tkachuk, I’m just all for a guy like Gadjovich being out there to help calm things down. I agree Cousins is a 4th liner, have no desire to have him in over Gadjovich is all.

Didn’t Listerine play throughout the lineup? L&L are very defensively sound, imo that’s a huge positive. Interested to see what Zito does at the deadline, if anything.

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
With Tkachuk forever being Tkachuk, I’m just all for a guy like Gadjovich being out there to help calm things down. I agree Cousins is a 4th liner, have no desire to have him in over Gadjovich is all.

Didn’t Listerine play throughout the lineup? L&L are very defensively sound, imo that’s a huge positive. Interested to see what Zito does at the deadline, if anything.

For sure. Didn't mean to just "target" Gadjo. Just was the first name that popped up in my head.

Do like that L&L are solid defensively, but they are just a blackhole this year offensively. I wouldn't mind seeing Zito get an one dimensional winger, offensive based, for the 3rd line as long as they aren't soft, as I think the two Fins can cover for any defensive shortcomings.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
For sure. Didn't mean to just "target" Gadjo. Just was the first name that popped up in my head.

Do like that L&L are solid defensively, but they are just a blackhole this year offensively. I wouldn't mind seeing Zito get a one dimensional winger, offensive based, for the 3rd line as long as they aren't soft, as I think the two Fins can cover for any defensive shortcomings.
Agreed. I think Perry would’ve done well on that line, but that ship has obviously sailed. Another Erod type guy would be great, I think.

Reactions: ShootIt

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
How we ended up losing this one lol? I was able to watch only the first 10mins and they came out swinging.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I agree that we’re one good third line guy away from being a really good team. We’re already good but if we had a winger who’s able to get open, I think Lundy is actually a good playmaker who can find the open guy. Right now he’s got Luo and Cuz who both do the board battle but neither is a shooter looking to get open. So that line ends up a grinder line, like a good 4th line, but no more than that.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I agree that we’re one good third line guy away from being a really good team. We’re already good but if we had a winger who’s able to get open, I think Lundy is actually a good playmaker who can find the open guy. Right now he’s got Luo and Cuz who both do the board battle but neither is a shooter looking to get open. So that line ends up a grinder line, like a good 4th line, but no more than that.
Beauvillier is our guy: Lundy needs someone with more skill.

I think this board penalizes him too much for decreasing line mater quality each year: he went from being the #3 with Marchment and Reino to the #2 with Reino to the #1 with Luo and Cuzzins. Point production is down, but most of his analytics have improved each season.

Give the LundellGOAT a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad