Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers) II

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Meanwhile Nikita Sherbak is playing in France and not doing much there either,odd, as when we were younger we'd go to France because it was so easy to score.lol
I mean has has a point per game but ya you would expect him to be doing better than that in a 2nd tier Euro league, if not 3rd tier.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009

1699486607040.jpeg

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Tells you a lot about the KHL, doesn’t it? Jordan Weal.

Because the other players named are far better? From time immemorial these Euro men leagues always often had failed NHLers as point leaders. It says the exact same thing about these other leagues as well. Why single out the KHL when Daniel Carr was a dime'o'dozen bottom 6 filler, just like Weal, Niku and whoever?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Because the other players named are far better? From time immemorial these Euro men leagues always often had failed NHLers as point leaders. It says the exact same thing about these other leagues as well. Why single out the KHL when Daniel Carr was a dime'o'dozen bottom 6 filler, just like Weal, Niku and whoever?

There was a time when the KHL was a better league.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
There was a time when the KHL was a better league.

Sure, but the argument given to prove it is irrelevant.

Tell me about weaker goalies, sure I accept that. But just saying Jordan Weal = weak KHL is pointless since all these euro men league have Jordan Weal clones leading their scoreboards.How is Daniel Carr any better?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Sure, but the argument given to prove it is irrelevant.

Tell me about weaker goalies, sure I accept that. But just saying Jordan Weal = weak KHL is pointless since all these euro men league have Jordan Weal clones leading their scoreboards.How is Daniel Carr any better?

I actually did think Daniel Carr was better, but your point stands. It's hard to evaluate the Euro leagues in this manner.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I just saw the Galchenyuk arrest video that has been released by the Scottsdale Police. He's in the backseat of the cop car threatening the officers, their families, calling them derogatory names.

Here is a censored version. But there is a near 3 minute video of this, but it's very vulgar so I opted not to post that,

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Guy is a nutter. So I guess the rumor were true when he was here. Makes you wonder what he could have accomplished had he remained sober and focused on his hockey career. It's memeworthy from Bergevin, but character truly is important when drafting to avoid this.

Reactions: abo9

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Because a lot of posters here consider the KHL as a strong and competitive league. It is a very inferior product, to a point where not a lot of their representatitves would fare well in the NHL. Heck, even faring at all.

And yes, I agree that most Euro leagues are to hockey what the MLS is to soccer/football.

So when I read about one of our prospects doing great in the KHL, and his coach going the extra mile to say that he is NHL ready, I don’t take it with a grain of salt; I take it with a full truck load.

Same with any prospect that plays there and makes our posters hard like a rock because, because he’s a point per game, etc.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Meanwhile Nikita Sherbak is playing in France and not doing much there either,odd, as when we were younger we'd go to France because it was so easy to score.lol
He hasnt's played a lot of games in his pro career. Only 345 over 16 years. (21 games a year in average.)

Notable players drafted after Sherback :

Adrian Kempe, Ivan Barbashev, Brandon Montour, Brayden Point, Devon Toews, Viktor Arvidsson

Reactions: Stive Morgan

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I actually did think Daniel Carr was better, but your point stands. It's hard to evaluate the Euro leagues in this manner.
Even the NHL itself has the occasional WTF this guy is top scorer moment. Like when a 39 years old Ray Whitney finished the season with 77 points (arguably his best season in career) and finished 13th in scoring. Funny thing is he was able to find a fish giving him a contract the summer after. Obviously Whitney was a much better player then Carr and Weal but that top 15 finish at 39 was a huge WTF moment.

Reactions: DAChampion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad