G - Love Harenstam - Luleå HF J18, J18 Region (2025 Draft)

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Love? Really?

It's pronounced Loo-veh

Not an entirely uncommon name. In Sweden names tends to come and go in cycles.

Names that in my mind "belongs" to elderly people have been coming back for 10+ years now. It's going to show in the drafts soon.

There will be players coming up named Svante, Vidar and Sixten while there will be no more Johan's, Erik's or Henrik's.

I personally hope the "elderly name" Rangwald comes back in cirkulation, because it would sound badass in English if we get some of those into the NHL :D

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
It's pronounced Loo-veh

Not an entirely uncommon name. In Sweden names tends to come and go in cycles.

Names that in my mind "belongs" to elderly people have been coming back for 10+ years now. It's going to show in the drafts soon.

There will be players coming up named Svante, Vidar and Sixten while there will be no more Johan's, Erik's or Henrik's.

I personally hope the "elderly name" Rangwald comes back in cirkulation, because it would sound badass in English if we get some of those into the NHL :D
I noticed his brother's name is "Lion". How common is that name?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I noticed his brother's name is "Lion". How common is that name?

Very uncommon overall, but don't think it's all that uncommon among small kids nowadays.

Guessing it's a new modern version stemming from Leo.

Same as with Love, it's not pronounced like English speakers will imagine it.

Lion pronounced = Lee-on.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I’m getting sick of these Tiny4K sounding hockey names.

Love, and Gracyn and Finn and Kalan and 38 guys named Tristan.

You know what’s a real hockey name? Nathan MacKinnon.

‘What ever happened to Nate? He was here just a minute ago.’

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I’m getting sick of these Tiny4K sounding hockey names.

Love, and Gracyn and Finn and Kalan and 38 guys names Tristan.

You know what’s a real hockey name? Nathan MacKinnon.

‘Where’d Nate go? He was here just a minute ago.’
i remember at a bantam game a few years back there were 4 different Kaydens on the the same team.. and all were spelled differently... Kayden, Cayden, Kaiden, Kadyn lol

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Son of well-known Swedish sports commentator, Chris Härenstam. Has been considered the top 07 Swedish goalie for quite some time and really been the 07-born that have received the most hype along with Anton Frondell (forward). I've only seen him play 2-3 times and I am not a very good judge of goaltending talent.

But he has always posted very good numbers and dominated... and played vs. older opponents more often than not. Good size for a young goalie as well.

Interesting thing is that he is following Jesper Wallstedt's path and moving up to Luleå (team at the very North of Sweden), thus leaving the capital to develop his game. Luleå is known for having great goaltending coaches.

Will play for a strong Luleå U18 team this season with several top prospects in the line up.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Love is not that uncommon. It's an old viking name actually. Pronounced "Loo-veh".

Edit: Already explained by Elvs I see...

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Only let in one goal in the TV Pucken playoffs, which was a rocket from Frondell, to bring Norrbotten to the gold for the first time in 37 years(also had a SO to end the group stage). 84 saves on 85 shots in 6 periods, that is. A performance for the ages.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Who was better at the same age between him and Wallstedt?
Wallstedt was a top J20 league goalie in what is Härenstam's current year. Won a bronze medal as a triple underager for Västerås U18 the year before. So Wallstedt had definitely accomplished more.

Härenstam looks pretty damn good tho. Luleå has been good fast-tracking their goalies through the ranks and trusting them early. Next year to get battle tested in U20 and then play pro in his draft year like Wallstedt.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Wallstedt was a top J20 league goalie in what is Härenstam's current year. Won a bronze medal as a triple underager for Västerås U18 the year before. So Wallstedt had definitely accomplished more.

Härenstam looks pretty damn good tho. Luleå has been good fast-tracking their goalies through the ranks and trusting them early. Next year to get battle tested in U20 and then play pro in his draft year like Wallstedt.
Harenstam is unlikely to establish himself in the SHL in his draft year as he's not a late birthday like Wallstedt was. Not a reflection of his talent, just a shorter pre-draft runway than Wallstedt had (by one year). Not saying he can't do it, but how many 17-year-old goalies have played significant time in the SHL? Not even King Henrik did that.

Also, in looking at Wallstedt's 16yo season, I found it odd that his numbers regressed from his 15yo season and then bounced back for his 17yo season. (All J20 SuperElit seasons) Was he injured? Was his team promoted to a tougher division of the league?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Harenstam is unlikely to establish himself in the SHL in his draft year as he's not a late birthday like Wallstedt was. Not a reflection of his talent, just a shorter pre-draft runway than Wallstedt had (by one year). Not saying he can't do it, but how many 17-year-old goalies have played significant time in the SHL? Not even King Henrik did that.

Also, in looking at Wallstedt's 16yo season, I found it odd that his numbers regressed from his 15yo season and then bounced back for his 17yo season. (All J20 SuperElit seasons) Was he injured? Was his team promoted to a tougher division of the league?
Wallstedt changed from Västerås to Luleå between his U16, & U17 seasons, got a new goalie coach and all that jazz. IIRC he was injured for a spell too(don't quote me on that though).

As for Love, he just had probably the best TV Pucken performance by a goalie of all time. Hasn't really gotten the chance to play too high above age groups because he has played for teams like Djurgården, & Luleå(and went through the pandemic juniors shutdown).

Would be fun to see how Love fares in J20, he's already a top J18 goalie and Luleå's J20 goalies aren't too great.

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Wallstedt changed from Västerås to Luleå between his U16, & U17 seasons, got a new goalie coach and all that jazz. IIRC he was injured for a spell too(don't quote me on that though).

As for Love, he just had probably the best TV Pucken performance by a goalie of all time. Hasn't really gotten the chance to play too high above age groups because he has played for teams like Djurgården, & Luleå(and went through the pandemic juniors shutdown).

Would be fun to see how Love fares in J20, he's already a top J18 goalie and Luleå's J20 goalies aren't too great.
Thanks for the insight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad