Pre-Game Talk: G7 - Who advances?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
It looks like The Blues are down mentally. I guess most people would pick The Blackhawks. I think this year's team is different from the previous teams. I think it's too close to call. Being conservative with money, I wouldn't bet on this one. The Blues are certainly capable of winning this game. I think they will come out playing really determined to take this game. It will probably depend upon lucky bounces. I just hope The Blues will play hard, hit hard, skate hard, be determined to win it, and keep playing hard every second, to the end, and not get down when bad things happen, and that leads to the win.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I honestly can't even imagine them winning. That's how little hope I have.

I think it's already over.

Prediction: the Blackhawks will either kill them from the start, or the Blues will grab a quick 2-0 lead and then end up losing 6-2. It's gonna be brutal to experience.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
On Monday we're gonna see the knife to the eye all right.
Bring protective goggles guys.

WiscoBlues

Feb 1, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
this series was over when the blackhawks won game 5. there's a less than 0% chance the blues win game 7. this team has proven time and time again that they fold when it matters most.

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
this series was over when the blackhawks won game 5. there's a less than 0% chance the blues win game 7. this team has proven time and time again that they fold when it matters most.

Actually, you can't have a negative probability for a given event.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
I woke up with a mean hangover this morning and just started laughing hysterically. You couldn't write a better script for this organization and its history. I mean my God, we're the St Louis "Blues".... :laugh:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Scoring the first goal might not even be in the Blues' best interests since we'll likely just start turtling right away.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I wouldn't reset the lines I'd do this
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Stastny-Brouwer
Steen-Berglund-Backes
Upshall-Brodziak-Tarasenko
JBo-Petro
Gunnarsson-Parayko
Edmhndson-Shattenkirk/Bortuzzo

Elliott
I'd dress 7 D, if Shattenkirk isn't going, Bortuzzo can take his spot.

Give Petro 35-40 minutes run with him. Give Tarasenko 20-25 minutes.

That won't happen though.

I'm confident with either goalie and I'm optimistic about the team. Chicago came back from down 3-1 on LA to force 7 and lost. Then LA went on to win the cup.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I bet we lose like 6-1 or something. I've seen this before. Army and Hitch will both be gone.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Sadly, all the people across hockey who jumped on the bandwagon when the Blues were up 3-1 because they hated the Blackhawks are getting a good taste of what it is to bleed blue.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It pisses me off so much to know that we were so close to beating the Hawks. For as much as some dislike Armstrong, this was a team that could have beaten the Hawks and should have easily dispatched the 2nd round opponent. I just don't understand Hitchcock....absolutely pissed this PO away.

Now we're most likely going to lose 2 of Backes, Brouwer, and Shattenkirk. All the while we get to watch Boumeester still pull minutes and that's all he's good for now.

**** **** **** ****....****

journeyman79

May 29, 2009
Will be interesting to see the creativity in which they disappoint this year. Anybody want to take a stab at it?

I'm think we'll have a 2 goal lead going into the third, and the Hawks will tie it with seconds left sending the game to double overtime where Shaw will kick the puck in.

Somehow it will count.

journeyman79

May 29, 2009
Or it could be a 6-1 blow out but we've seen that type of elimination before. Hopefully they choose something different.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Will be interesting to see the creativity in which they disappoint this year. Anybody want to take a stab at it?

I'm think we'll have a 2 goal lead going into the third, and the Hawks will tie it with seconds left sending the game to double overtime where Shaw will kick the puck in.

Somehow it will count.
I expect a clown pounding. Just an absolute molly whopping from the Hawks

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm still optimistic, so I'll be cheering. This team has somewhat proved to be different this series, whether a good or bad thing. We'll see what happens.

I'll always cheer for the team through the good and bad.

I'll say though that I'm enjoying the other fanbases drooling over Parayko and Pietrangelo

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I'll be cheering for them, but it will be from home. If it weren't for the fact that I've already bought my season tickets for next year, I wouldn't be buying them. I refuse to give them any more money until they start earning it. The problem is that the regular season is always good, we just **** the bed in the playoffs.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
It would be nice if some fans who are standing behind Blues bench write down on singboard message FIRE HITCH!

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
I'll be cheering them on all night. If they lose I don't know what I'm going to think about this team any more.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'll be cheering them on all night. If they lose I don't know what I'm going to think about this team any more.

Of course we're cheering, but we've to think about this is win-win situation. Either we win go in the 2nd round or we lose and Hitch is out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad