GDT: [Game #28] Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators – 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #28 – 12/15/2023 – 7:00 PM CT – BSSW
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars vs. the Ottawa Senators
16-8-3, 35 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 11-13-0, 22 pts

S2Q26Rq.png

My beer
image.jpg

Stats
IMG_5907.jpeg

IMG_5908.jpeg

uEDwjZ4.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

ztUaXq7.png

Ottawa Senators

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Tarasenko
Kubalik - Norris - Giroux
Joseph - Greig - Batherson
Kelly - Chartier - Kastelic

Sanderson - Bernard-Docker
Chychrun - Hamonic
Brannstrom - Zub

Forsberg

2fmwd0w.png

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Since Thanksgiving, the Stars are tied for 19th in points percentage with a 4-4-1 record.

Goal scoring - 5th
Goals against - 29th!
PP - 2nd
PK - 9th
Save% - dead last (somehow Oettinger and Wedgewood both have identically putrid .873 save percentages over this stretch)

The offense has come alive. The defense and goaltending have been putrid.

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Just an FYI that the GDT is showing stats for Detroit, not Ottawa 😋

Good luck tonight, here's to a clean and fun hockey game.

• Wow
Reactions: Johno

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Ottawa is in the bottom 5 for PK%.

This will almost certainly be a high scoring affair that the Stars should take with some ease.

Which means we're gonna lose 2-0 or some stupid shit now that I've said this.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
We really should've traded Dellandrea for anything last offseason.

Reactions: Elysian

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I know Delly hasn't done much this season, but he's cheap and imo he's looked good in the last two playoffs. He's worth keeping around even if he's scratched now and then, never know if we get hit with injuries

Reactions: Kipper 17

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I know Delly hasn't done much this season, but he's cheap and imo he's looked good in the last two playoffs. He's worth keeping around even if he's scratched now and then, never know if we get hit with injuries
My thing is I want to see at least one of the two kids brought up this season, and Dellandrea looks like the guy to move to make room.

Reactions: Elysian and LT

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Welcome back to "Who Is That Player?" Today we head up Parliament Hill and demand to speak to our famous Senator, Rourke Chartier.

8478078.png

Chartier, a 5th round pick out of the Kelowna Rockets' system, now enters his 27 year old season looking to break into the NHL. Having so far amassed 2 goals and 1 assist in 43 NHL games, Chartier will be playing tonight on Ottawa's 3rd line thanks to Vlad Tarasenko's absence for personal reasons.

But don't mistake him for a bruiser -- quite the contrary. Last year in Belleville of the AHL, Chartier somehow "pulled a Nichushkin" and was penalized zero minutes over the course of 40 games.

Perhaps a better Stars-related tie-in would be Stephen Johns of all people. Like Johns, Chartier took an extended leave-of-absence from his career due to concussions.

I sat out two full years. I don’t know if too many people know that. I basically had retired. To be on a roster means a lot to me. Opportunities have been few and far between in my career because of my inability to stay healthy, so I’m trying to make the most of every single one I get. (Gone) two years and to be playing again, let alone in the top league? I wasn’t so sure (it would happen). So, this is special to me. This is my dream, to play in the NHL.
source

So far this year Ottawa coach DJ Smith has turned to Chartier primarily to kill penalties, clocking in as the Sens' 3rd-most-used PKing forward with 2 minutes per game.

This has been, "Who Is That Player?"

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
You know that's going in the second Lindell tried to get in front of it

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Defense stop blocking shots at this point.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man that's been happening so much lately. Blocked shot right back to their guy for a goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad