Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Where are the big guns? Where’s Zib and Panarin I mean come on these are the guys that are supposed to come up with goals when we need them. And Kakko is a total bust, completely ineffective.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
First time I've ever thought "I'm glad I don't live in NYC with season tickets anymore." Ride home would have been hell.
Zero effort.
Zero skill.
Zero brains.
And I'm pretty sure zero high danger chances created.
Now that you mention it ... did we have a high danger chance? The Trouba goal was pretty innocuous. A competent goalie would have saved it. Don't think we had a quality chance.

Reactions: skipmowerman

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
This looked like the end of the devils series.

Nobody skating.

Handling the puck like a grenade.

Barely getting offensive zone time.

Blindly centering it to nobody.

Nobody going the middle of the ice.

PP going cold after opposing PK makes an adjustment.

Not even trying to transition from defense to offense. Content as hell to chip the puck to center.

They didnt do much even before the trouba goal. After that goal, this game was a disgrace.

They are too happy to do nothing and sit on a lead.

I really hate this team right now.
100% agree. Feels exactly like the utter shit effort and general sense of being lost in ice during the losses in the Devil series.

They are getting ripped across different coverages. Hope they are utterly embarrassed after the efforts after being up 3-0. Coming out completely flat Game 4. Giving up after going up 1-0 in Game 5 as if they won the game.

Same story, different year.

They had the chance to close out a series; be one of the 'lucky' teams with two quick rounds and rested players.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
This was as shit an effort as you can muster up. I didn't love it even when they were up 1-0.

The 2 days off actually probably helps us.

I'm all for breaking Carolina's hearts infront of their fans. I don't think they will, but it would be fun.

Kreider and Panarin owe us a big one on Thursday.

They are capable of it.... but not if they don't dig deep and deliver more effort than this.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Lots to be angry about tonight. The entire team played not to lose from the drop of the puck. We came out flat let them dictate the play...and even when Trouba gave us a lead, it still didn't energize the team. Instead they decided to try the turtle for the final 30 minutes. Bad job by Lavi in between periods. We killed off the penalty & just kept throwing the puck blindly into the neutral zone begging them to pick it off. Not one player was moving their legs.

The Staal shift midway through the 3rd where he was 1 on 5 in our end while the Canes went for a change basically encapsulated the entire game. He outworked all 5 Rangers on the ice & none of them did anything to win the puck from him except wave their sticks.

Igor was hung out to dry all night. The Rangers need to look deep into the mirror tonight or this could be one long dark summer around these parts.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
It's gonna help the board too.

We're up 3-2 in a series still with home ice.
And all momentum on the Canes side.Not a good position to be in especially when this team blew a series lead last year.You can bet the feeling of doubt and deja vu are creeping up in their heads

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
On paper and on the ice. 13 is the only untouchable at this point for me. Even 31, by the time a rebuild would be over, would be in his early to mid 30s. Might as well max return right now. Don't drag it out longer than necessary.
I agree. It would be the smart thing to do. Id much rather sell off a little early and get a haul. Then its Laf, Fox, Perrault, etc as the next core

Reactions: CasusBelli

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Pathetic.

Messier ripping them a bit. Saying they played to win on the 1-0 lead. No effort after that goal.

Same shit that almost cost them in Game 1. They never learn. Always try to take the easy way out. And then they just give up.
Exactly. How many teams have been actually successful nursing a 1 goal lead. This ain't the 90s or dead puck era

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
They didn't play for a 1-0 win. They played for a 0-0 draw. Jacob Trouba (who is still regressing every single day, somehow) scoring shorthanded cannot be your only real chance of the game. Even terrible teams, playing terrible games can produce something. It's honestly impressive to go 60 minutes without at least accidentally producing a chance.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Exactly.

They got a lead and then figured they'd stop skating, stop working hard to generate offense, and sit back and chip pucks out of the zone and let Igor save them.

Can't keep doing that.

When you take a 1-0 lead into the third period that just means you probably only need ONE MORE goal to win, so you're halfway there.

Frankly, it looks like a microcosm of the series a little.

They thought that Carolina would roll over after going down 3-0. Nope.

Now all Carolina has to do is win at home, and it's a literal tossup.
Frankly, it looked like the Canes were going to lose in game 4 until that Lindgren penalty.

The Rangers were just off for this entire game from the puck drop. Them leading 1-0 after 2 periods was a miracle and the 3rd period saw the mask drop.

Odds are still in the Rangers favor, though. There's a reason a team coming back down 3-0 has only happened 4 times in 209 attempts. It just sucks that even if they do end up winning this series, they lost out on valuable rest days.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Team played like a tired group.
Tonight there was no fight. Not enough of the Rangers throwing their bodies on the Canes. Made it very easy for Carolina who looked like they were just going through the motions until the bad change which lead to the Staal goal.

Good news Trouba was only responsible for 1 of the 3 goals.
Good news is the next game is on Thursday.
Time to reset.
Rangers only need to win 1 game.
No worries.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Could have closed this shit out two games ago and let bodies rest. I'm kind of numb to this shit after the Devils and after Tampa when it comes to going up in a series. If this is the effort they're going to give trying to go deep in the playoffs then 13 goals in 3 games Florida are going to murder us anyway.

Reactions: Captain Lindy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad