Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
Rangers need to throw more pucks at Anderssen. He has always let in softies at bad times in the playoffs. We have scored by banking it off his back for crying out loud and it almost happened again

I think it was right before Canes took the lead they said Rangers only had 2 shots in 21 minutes! Just unacceptable honestly

The top 6 has gotten way too quiet... I was all onboard the Panarin/ Trocheck the first few games and now I cant even tell they're playing. Just completely went invisible

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Frankly, it looked like the Canes were going to lose in game 4 until that Lindgren penalty.

The Rangers were just off for this entire game from the puck drop. Them leading 1-0 after 2 periods was a miracle and the 3rd period saw the mask drop.

Odds are still in the Rangers favor, though. There's a reason a team coming back down 3-0 has only happened 4 times in 209 attempts. It just sucks that even if they do end up winning this series, they lost out on valuable rest days.
Yeah but they came out sleepwalking in Game 4 like they didn't realize it would be a buzzsaw. The first ten minutes cost them that game.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
They deserved to be booed off the ice after that 3rd period. (Except shesty).
That was absolutely pathetic.
NY fans, the entire try state area fans expect and reward hard work and effort.
If you give that and lose, they’ll still love you forever.
No one works a 40hr week here. No one I know anyway. Everything is extra……
If your not coming out in the 3rd up 1-0 to eliminate this team with maximum prejudice there something rotten in Denmark.
Fans put their hard earned $$ and time going to these things. I don’t blame them 1 bit. That 3rd was a disgrace. 2 shots in 21 min against a shaky goalie who has trouble moving laterally is a disgrace.

I hope they go home tonight and feel this 1. Let it sit that your getting booed off your home ice.

Am I saying series is over? No. Can they win game 6? Absolutely. But not if they get that Pu**y effort, especially in the 3rd.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
Momentum is bullshit.

We were up 3-0 and Carolina won two in row like that didn't happen.
Momentum is bullshit, A loser mentality and playing from behind mentally aren't.

Now it's to be seen how they come out. They gonna pull another TBL/NJD mental collapse or come back from these two losses?

This game wasn't just a tight loss. It was a pathetic embarrassment on home ice no less. That's the problem.

Reactions: skipmowerman

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I agree. It would be the smart thing to do. Id much rather sell off a little early and get a haul. Then its Laf, Fox, Perrault, etc as the next core
Exactly. If he wants to stay, let CK stay, simply out of respect (and we'd need to hit the cap floor). But 93, 55, 16, 10, 8, 31, 16, 91, 24, 21 are all fair game. Keep 73 as well if he wants to stay. He's cheap and the fans love him.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I really haven’t been angry with this team for months but tonight I was furious.

And the coaching staff is part of it, because we heard Emily talk about Muse and the staff wanted them to focus on defending.

Maybe the players took that a little too literally. There was zero attempt to get the second goal before it became a two goal lead for Carolina and by then it was too late, because they were playing that safe game the whole way.

We’ll see how much better this coaching staff is, specifically Lavs for game 6. I want to see a hungry team that plays the most solid 60 minutes of the season on Thursday.

They win this and it’s a lesson to carry onward. USE IT

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'll give Lindgren his flowers, that was a strong game for him tonight.

If we can get that from him the rest of the way we'll win this series. Carolina's going to throw up a stinker of an effort somewhere along the way.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Somebody tried to warn everyone how hard this would be. Who could that have been?

They still have two games and need to win one. Nobody will care how if we win the series.

In the midst of getting laughed off the ice by the Devils last year, we beat them 5-1 in game 6.

After the worst performance in Rangers playoff history in game 4 against the Penguins, we won three straight.

That shows you what f***ing momentum means.
Momentum is bullshit, A loser mentality and playing from behind mentally aren't.

Now it's to be seen how they come out. They gonna pull another TBL/NJD mental collapse or come back from these two losses?

This game wasn't just a tight loss. It was a pathetic embarrassment on home ice no less. That's the problem.
Against TB and NJ, they had fluke leads and WAAAAY better teams. That comparison needs to go away.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
We were keeping them off the board and then started turtling. In fact we played the whole game looking to win by a slim margin, lucky goal type scenario.

Don't blame the refs.

Team needs to wake up. Carolina outclasses them 5v5, they outclass the league 5v5. But you can't play into their hands by sitting back and playing defense. Carolina will spend the entire day in your zone and look what happens.
The speed and skill of 59, 20, 37, 24, 92, 88, 86 is top notch. There's no McDavid or Matthews. They all excel in one dimension or another, and each scores in a different way, so the complement each other perfectly and operate at the same high speed.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
This was a team who came out and only cared about defending. Did they have any high danger chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad