Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
Player who doesn’t give a shit outside of doing enough to cash a check
Def Mika. Don’t win with meek guys.

Fox has turned into that for me….

Before we start with the injuries, is he injured in all the big games? He has really settled into mediocrity.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
We can obviously still win this series, as much as it would suck to have to go 7, or as much as it already sucks to have to go 6.

And yes I know we just swept Washington, the make a wish foundation playoff team of the year, but is it too much to ask that we come out in Carolina and go up 3-1 ourselves after 1 and cruise to a nice two or three goal victory?

Why can they only win one game nailbiters?

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
I think the extra day of rest will be good for them. They were definitely looking tired last night. During the regular season they had games where they looked horrible, like against the Sabres or the Blue Jackets.

Last night was just a bad game and an especially bad 3rd period. They can bounce back.

The extra day of rest can help them it also helps take away the Canes momentum. We need to reset. Give us back our old Panarin, Trochek, Lafreniere, Kreider and others.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
We can obviously still win this series, as much as it would suck to have to go 7, or as much as it already sucks to have to go 6.

And yes I know we just swept Washington, the make a wish foundation playoff team of the year, but is it too much to ask that we come out in Carolina and go up 3-1 ourselves after 1 and cruise to a nice two or three goal victory?

Because Carolina is a better team. They could have easily won those two overtime games and the series would be over 1-4.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Carolina deserves some credit. This was their 10th game and they've yet to have a stinker. They're the only team left that can say that.

They have to get through this entire series now playing 7 good games. That's not easy.

Reactions: CLW

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I think the extra day of rest will be good for them. They were definitely looking tired last night. During the regular season they had games where they looked horrible, like against the Sabres or the Blue Jackets.

Last night was just a bad game and an especially bad 3rd period. They can bounce back.

The extra day of rest can help them it also helps take away the Canes momentum. We need to reset. Give us back our old Panarin, Trochek, Lafreniere, Kreider and others.

Funny. Carolina didn't look tired. They continue to hound the puck, put pressure on, and win board battles. You'd think with all the energy they're spending to get back in the series they'd get worn out and we could take advantage. Nope.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
Its not that Carolina was playing better its that we were playing worse. And yeah, tired. 3 days will help us reset. We only need to win 1 of 2. We can do it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I just don’t understand which takes precedence. Are you saying our chances at winning the series are still 98%?
Obviously not but the reason that number is 98% is because teams up 3-2 are still extremely likely to win the series. The team that went up 3-0 has even won a majority of the game 7's. It's hard to beat a team four times in a row. Especially good teams.

Not counting shootout losses, which are irrelevant here, we haven't lost four consecutive games since last February. We've played well over 100 since then.

It's also unlikely that Carolina gets through two series without playing a single bad game. If they do, they probably deserve it. I tried to tell everyone they're a good team.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
One of the advantages of having a big lead is being able to adjust multiple times.

We tried to adjust last night and we f***ed up. We clearly made a concerted effort to defend them better, and with the exception of once again doing more with their powerplay than they did, everything we did was worse.

I wouldn't have. Aside from basically one player having an all-time bad Rangers playoff period, game 4 was our best.

Lavi is usually good at adjustments and always good at getting the team to respond. Get back to the way we were playing and Carolina has to win two more close games.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Obviously not but the reason that number is 98% is because teams up 3-2 are still extremely likely to win the series. The team that went up 3-0 has even won a majority of the game 7's. It's hard to beat a team four times in a row. Especially good teams.

Not counting shootout losses, which are irrelevant here, we haven't lost four consecutive games since last February. We've played well over 100 since then.

It's also unlikely that Carolina gets through two series without playing a single bad game. If they do, they probably deserve it. I tried to tell everyone they're a good team.
I agree the likelihood is low but just want to comment that at this point the number of wins in a row the canes need is 2. Obviously the math changes a lot from the end of game 3 until now.

I find it very odd that the refs were calling this series one way(lots of calls) for 3 games, and then dramatically reduced the calls for games 4 & 5. I know the rangers should be controlling their own fate but it feels as though that has changed momentum as Carolina was complete bunk on the Powerplay and it was killing them.

All that said, we need to close this down Thursday night. I do not want to be back at the garden on Saturday for a game 7.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
So you're counting a day we played as a day off?

lol unless you’re being a smart ass and nickle and diming me 3 hours I’m not sure how else to explain this to you.

I’ve got three full work days to marinate in that masterpiece last night. Not that hard to understand.

This game stings until the puck drops for the next one.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I agree the likelihood is low but just want to comment that at this point the number of wins in a row the canes need is 2. Obviously the math changes a lot from the end of game 3 until now
That they already won two and we get to do back to the drawing board until Thursday is a factor.

You're looking at it like "well it goes from 98% to 75%" like you're f***ing Scott Steiner. f*** that.

It's a real dynamic matchup. They have to beat us two more times with us getting opportunities to adjust.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Its not that Carolina was playing better its that we were playing worse. And yeah, tired. 3 days will help us reset. We only need to win 1 of 2. We can do it.
Not singling you out Jack. How can anybody use that excuse that we're tired? I don't buy that for one second. How could Carolina not be tired, they're playing the same games and the same days off as we are. In my book, that's a bullshit lame excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad