Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I swear if Laviolette goes back to Miller-Trouba..........................
I think the coaches finally realize that Gus and Trouba are our 2 worse defensemen right now and on top of that, they mix like oil and water. I do not believe this is a promotion for Trouba. But the simpler solution is just to swap in Jones for Gus and see if Jones/Trouba makes a better 3rd pair.

Reactions: CLW

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Defensively brodz is a lot more solid than Othmann.
Brodz plays more positions as well which is flexibility.

Othmann didn’t look great after his first game up. He got a cup of coffee, got instructions on what to improve on. We didn’t ruin his development by forcing him to play 4th line minutes…

And now people are calling that a mistake.
Brodz does nothing well, absolute waste of a roster number. Id rather go with 7d. Othmann got about 5 shifts before they bailed on him, he needed a run of 3 or 4 games to get comfortable. You can't base a young players readiness after a handful of shifts. I'd take half ready Othmann over Brodz any day.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
haha yeah sure.
He's punishing Schneider already for that Staal goal which wasn't even his fault OR he is deluisional to think Trouba has played well.
Only possible excuse is to spread out the pairs because they have last change tomorrow. Even if that is the case how do you "demote" someone who has been probably your best dman these playoffs.

based on his play the second half of the season in Hartford. Besides his play on the pp he has hardly been noticeable. Needs more time for sure.
Definitely spreading the pairs. Coaches have to see Gus/Trouba as a matchup nightmare on the road. Just try Jones. Gus is no big loss. Guy is not made for playoff hockey.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think the coaches finally realize that Gus and Trouba are our 2 worse defensemen right now and on top of that, they mix like oil and water. I do not believe this is a promotion for Trouba. But the simpler solution is just to swap in Jones for Gus and see if Jones/Trouba makes a better 3rd pair.
Would rather have Jones/Trouba than doing what Laviolette is doing. I guess we shall see tomorrow

Still no Fil… my poor sweet prince…
He's not even at practice?
I think we can rule out "soreness" or "sickness"

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Would rather have Jones/Trouba than doing what Laviolette is doing. I guess we shall see tomorrow

He's not even at practice?
I think we can rule out "soreness" or "sickness"
He’s there. Just no line rushes so I decided to jump to conclusions as is tradition.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
We're slow but I'm not sure it matters in this matchup.

The way Carolina plays, a whole team of Goodrow's could get 3-on-2's against them.

We just need to manage the puck.
YES! Puck management! What they were doing the other night was insane. When it's so bad that avg fans can see in real time they are making bad decisions, it's a problem.

Seems like it shouldn't be so hard to manage the puck better.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also, let me clarify, Avery said nothing wrong.

He basically said it's gonna be tough, and it might go 7, and that's life. I'm always saying that.

The problem I have is when people put him on a pedestal of experience and intangibles.

He played 28 playoff games. Everybody on this team who was on the team in 2022 has played 36.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Although, in a vacuum, we probably should have.

We had the 3-0 lead and outplayed them in game 4.

Just goes to show you how razor-thin the margins are. This could have been over in 4 and I could easily see it going 7.

It's true, but Rangers fandom / Championship success - and vacuums - seldom exist in the same dwelling.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy is just not what following this club is about, ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad