Get Draisaitl and McDavid some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Look at the 5v5 heat map. The Oilers are atrocious at giving up chances.
Looking at it right now. Oilers took more outside shots which explains some of the shot differential but they have similar number of inner slot shots at 5v5. So again not exactly making a point here. The power play/4 on 4 is also part of the game.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I'm actually happy that Oilers fans have just scapegoated Skinner.

It means they think everyone's defensive play is acceptable. Good job on the backcheck last game McDavid! Good team defense by everyone! Dammit Skinner!

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Looking at it right now. Oilers took more outside shots which explains some of the shot differential but they have similar number of inner slot shots at 5v5. So again not exactly making a point here. The power play/4 on 4 is also part of the game.
It’s all puck luck. Canucks are 6-1 against the Oilers, won the Pacific and are up 2-1 in the series because of puck luck.
Maybe just maybe they are a better team than you like to admit. I’ve never seen a poster make so many excuses and never give the other team any credit.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
You said he was a good NHL goalie when he got to Edmonton. Now you're back tracking. I'm pretty sure you didn't even know the Oilers drafted him given how you worded that.

Wasn't me, don't put words in my mouth

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
It’s all puck luck. Canucks are 6-1 against the Oilers, won the Pacific and are up 2-1 in the series because of puck luck.
Maybe just maybe they are a better team than you like to admit.

Canucks are PDO frauds, they will not make the playoffs / lose the division / lose to the Predators / can't stop McDavid/Draisaitl

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Maybe just maybe they are a better team than you like to admit.
My puck luck comment was about game 3 alone which is a fair point when a team hits 5 posts and out chances, out shoots and out possesses a team like that. The Oilers didn't deserve to win a lot of their matchups against Vancouver this year, and certainly none of the in season games.

Good strawman there though my friend wouldn't expect anything less from you.

I know you'll just brush the stats aside because you think you have some superior hockey knowledge to everyone else, but the stats show the Oilers are defending as well as most teams in the playoffs and are getting among the worst goaltending that only Helle and Georgiev have rivalled. No one has rivalled Skinner in his playoff career though outside of Cloutier.

Reactions: Fishy McScales

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
My puck luck comment was about game 3 alone which is a fair point when a team hits 5 posts and out chances, out shoots and out possesses a team like that. The Oilers didn't deserve to win a lot of their matchups against Vancouver this year, and certainly none of the in season games.

I know you'll just brush the stats aside because you think you have some superior hockey knowledge to everyone else, but the stats show the Oilers are defending as well as most teams in the playoffs and are getting among the worst goaltending that only Helle and Georgiev have rivalled. No one has rivalled Skinner in his playoff career though outside of Cloutier.
Posts are not even shots on net. Do you keep track of how many shots just miss the post too. That’s just really saying that the Oilers need to play better.
And of course the Canucks are going to get out chanced when they lead almost the whole game and the Oilers ride McDrai like rented mules for 30 minutes a night. . I don’t like the full turtle strategy once we get the lead but it has been successful so far.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010

Ian Cole : I am responsible for all the Oilers goals, not puck luck, even the first goal of game 3 is me looking at the puck instead of it going off Myers. Definitely no puck luck.

Canucks can't be PDO frauds if they don't give up a lot of shots when leading, how else will they pad the stats?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Posts are not even shots on net. Do you keep track of how many shots that just miss the post too.
And of course the Canucks are going to get out chances when they lead almost the whole game. I don’t like the full turtle strategy once we get the lead but it has been successful so far.
Score effects don't even come close to adjust for the difference in game 3. But you're right Edmonton didn't play a great 1st period.

Posts are much closer to going in than shots that miss the net. Now you're just being obtuse or you've never played the game. Nobody who has played hockey would ever say "ah a post is just a miss of the net, really wasn't even close to scoring". They're thinking "wow I just missed scoring by an inch".

Ian Cole : I am responsible for all the Oilers goals, not puck luck, even the first goal of game 3 is me looking at the puck instead of it going off Myers. Definitely no puck luck.

Canucks can't be PDO frauds if they don't give up a lot of shots when leading, how else will they pad the stats?
You're offering nothing useful for me to read. Good bye.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Score effects don't even come close to adjust for the difference in game 3. But you're right Edmonton didn't play a great 1st period.

Posts are much closer to going in than shots that miss the net. Now you're just being obtuse or you've never played the game. Nobody who has played hockey would ever say "ah a post is just a miss of the net, really wasn't even close to scoring". They're thinking "wow I just missed scoring by an inch".
Obtuse. That would be you. Posts are no different than shots that miss the net.
Canucks built an early lead and then went into a defensive shell. They’ve done this lots of times.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010

Mathematically speaking, posts are the same as missing the net, the result is not a goal.

And in the game of hockey, post don't win games.

Canucks built an early lead and then went into a defensive shell. They’ve done this lots of times.

Someone stop the PDO frauds, they can't keep getting away with it.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Mathematically speaking, posts are the same as missing the net, the result is not a goal.

And in the game of hockey, post don't win games.

Someone stop the PDO frauds, they can't keep getting away with it.
Yep. 6-1 against the Oilers so far. It’s just crazy how much luck they have against the Cup favourites.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Yep. 6-1 against the Oilers so far. It’s just crazy how much luck they have against the Cup favourites.

Now you know how others feel responding to your lame excuses after every Oiler loss.

The referees should start counting the amount of posts for moral victories.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
The fact that these 2 are over 2PPG in the playoffs yet again and Edmonton is trailing is ridiculous.

That Edmonton PP unit is about as lethal as any other in history.

The 5 on 5 play however has been bad. 12 GF, 12 GA vs LA which was probably the 2nd worst team in the playoffs.

5 GF, 7 GA vs Vancouver so far at 5 on 5. It's not on McDavid or Draisaitl. Simply shows the lack of depth.

Also because of lack of depth, both guys have played 27+ minutes in the last 2 games. Could come back to bite the Oilers even if they get past the Canucks.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017

You're offering nothing useful for me to read. Good bye.
I said the exact same thing about the Oilers sitting back on their lead in game one and he said I was one sided and that the Canucks dominated and now he is trying to claim the exact same thing about the Canucks sitting on their lead.. Waste of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: McFlyingV

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
. I said the exact same thing about the Oilers sitting back on their lead in game one and he said I was one sided and that the Canucks dominated and now he is trying to claim the exact same thing about the Canucks sitting on their lead..
WCO is tame compared to most of the posters on my IL. He's pretty decent to the oilers usually.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I said the exact same thing about the Oilers sitting back on their lead in game one and he said I was one sided and that the Canucks dominated and now he is trying to claim the exact same thing about the Canucks sitting on their lead.. Waste of time to talk to.
Ya I've already saved myself the time and effort lol.

WCO is tame compared to most of the posters on my IL. He's pretty decent to the oilers usually.
He'll give you a couple posts of actual discussion and then start trolling or giving obtuse responses. Not worth the time.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Scoring is just on aspect of playing hockey.
If you can't play at both rinks of the ice, you are a liability.

Ovechkin didn't win a Cup until he played a more complete game.
Yeah man I hear Gretzky was unreal defensively too

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Looks like the Oilers are going 11-7 tonight, should be interesting how they manage that. Looks like they will split up McDavid and Draisaitl although that will depend on how the game is going as well. Hopefully the Oilers can play the same in front of Pickard as they have for Skinner and not give up a lot of shots. Should be a good game. Definitely a must win.

Reactions: Frank Drebin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad