Speculation: Goal horn/goal song

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
Anyone hear any rumblings on what your goal horn or goal song is going to be? What would your suggestions be for a goal song? I can’t wait to follow your guys’ inaugural season, and hope you guys get off to a great start.

Reactions: andys

skagittarius

Jan 18, 2016
PNW
please no grunge. have never heard a grunge song that hypes me up

You're a guitarist and never heard a gunge song that hyped you up? Maybe we have a different perception of what hyped up means but Nirvana's Drain You would be a great goal song. Verse and chorus in major keys, cool bridge, demoralizing lyrics (for the opponent), good choice IMO for a goal song.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Goal Horn
Washington State Ferry

Goal Song
Is something that makes you jump/scream. So...

Either:

(Works pretty well for FC St. Pauli)

Or:

Opposing teams penalty:

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Always thought the start of Crazy on you would make an outstanding riff for the start of a hockey powerplay.

Right after the acoustic intro(silver wheels) and the electric guitar kicks in.

Starting around the 35 second mark and runs to about the 1 minute mark. Wouldn't even need the vocals, and could just be extended.

And seeing as Heart is a Seattle icon, just feels like a good fit.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Always thought the start of Crazy on you would make an outstanding riff for the start of a hockey powerplay.

Right after the acoustic intro(silver wheels) and the electric guitar kicks in.

Starting around the 35 second mark and runs to about the 1 minute mark. Wouldn't even need the vocals, and could just be extended.

And seeing as Heart is a Seattle icon, just feels like a good fit.

Somebody else suggested this in the other thread, Revolve by the Melvins would be awesome, great in your face opening.

I was leaning towards Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix but I think both of those would be great as well.

BTW: Overall I just hope we can limit all those Imagine Dragon's songs which seem to be played all the time at NHL Arena's and I also think Macklemore's Can't hold us would get pretty old pretty quick.

Reactions: andys

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I couldn't hear it on the broadcast at all. Sounded like a bunch of noise /oldman (not really, love em).

Did it start with the chorus, like right into "yeah yeaheayeahhhhhhh" or was it just instumental of that part because I know damn well they didn't start it from the beginning, though that would be HILARIOUS in the worst way.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Seems like Lithium(Nirvana) is the goal song and Man in the Box from Alice in Chains for the other teams penalty.

Also liked them playing Crazy on You from Heart right before puck drop and after Ann Wilson sang the anthem.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
ESPN lower the volume so we couldn't exactly hear the horn great but you could still hear it a bit just not too well.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
yes. A ferry horn of the retired MV Hayk ferry. Espn somehow had the audio lower.
I like the way the horn sounds but not the way they're playing it. (Or maybe it's just the video)
I like the old school 3 note goal horn. Example (Horn sounds 10 sec into video):

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I want them to have a goal horn with more character that says Seattle. I'm thinking something along the lines of MV Tacoma.

The current one they have sounds like the standard horn from NHL 09.

As for the goal song, not the biggest fan, but it's not that bad and pays homage to Seattle.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I want them to have a goal horn with more character that says Seattle. I'm thinking something along the lines of MV Tacoma.

The current on they have sounds like the standard horn from NHL 09.

MV Tacoma is still an activate ferry. If they want to use an actual ferry horn and just not a recording, MV Tacoma wouldn't be it. Hayk Has been retired 2 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad