Halifax Mooseheads: 2019-2020 Thread

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As a Wildcats fan, I hope it's not the case. They've emptied the cupboards to go all in this season; they're going to need to move guys like Pelletier and Spence for picks, or it'll be another 10 years before they're competitive again.

The returns for both McIsaac and Groulx do seem on the low side though. It might be a case where the Mooseheads get Pelletier and Spence (or one of them) and a few picks are returned at the draft.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
The returns for both McIsaac and Groulx do seem on the low side though. It might be a case where the Mooseheads get Pelletier and Spence (or one of them) and a few picks are returned at the draft.
If picks are returned, then it's a bit different. I just couldn't imagine trading Pelletier (even his rights) + multiple 1st/2nd/3rd round picks for a rental.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If picks are returned, then it's a bit different. I just couldn't imagine trading Pelletier (even his rights) + multiple 1st/2nd/3rd round picks for a rental.

He's not worth more than any of the guys the Mooseheads just traded. So if you think Pelletier as a 19 year old should get more (multiple 1st's for example), then you just answered our question of the Mooseheads getting more for the two guys the Wildcats just got from us.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
He's not worth more than any of the guys the Mooseheads just traded. So if you think Pelletier as a 19 year old should get more (multiple 1st's for example), then you just answered our question of the Mooseheads getting more for the two guys the Wildcats just got from us.
Pelletier is likely a little more valuable, but he's not likely going to fetch multiple 1sts. What I'm saying is that Groulx isn't worth Pelletier + a 1st + 2 2nds, and McIsaac isn't worth Pelletier + a 1st + 2 3rds + a 5th. If Pelletier were to be headed to Halifax after this season, there'd have to be some combination of picks coming back.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pelletier is likely a little more valuable, but he's not likely going to fetch multiple 1sts. What I'm saying is that Groulx isn't worth Pelletier + a 1st + 2 2nds, and McIsaac isn't worth Pelletier + a 1st + 2 3rds + a 5th. If Pelletier were to be headed to Halifax after this season, there'd have to be some combination of picks coming back.

Pelletier don't have more value than Groulx or McIsaac for one playoff run as 19 year olds. It's the opposite

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Turned out to be a great year to be in a rebuild. Probably need another year of retooling but headed in the right direction.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
Picking 14th and 18th, along with 7 picks in the first three rounds should get us some decent depth guys to kickstart the rebuild. Add in what should be a greta Euro player and we're in a great spot. Sucks to see our first rounder win the lottery but such is life when you challenge at the top.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Picking 14th and 18th, along with 7 picks in the first three rounds should get us some decent depth guys to kickstart the rebuild. Add in what should be a greta Euro player and we're in a great spot. Sucks to see our first rounder win the lottery but such is life when you challenge at the top.

When's the Euro and Q drafts?

SWRekker

Oct 8, 2009
When's the Euro and Q drafts?
The first round of the entry draft will be presented live on the QMJHL’s official YouTube Channel on Friday, June 5, starting at 6:30 pm ET/7:30 pm AT. Fans can follow pick-by-pick selections of rounds 2 to 14 the next day on the QMJHL’s website and through its social media channels.
_
For more information on upcoming prospects and other QMJHL related news, visit www.theqmjhl.ca.

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
He wouldn't show his cards to much , but Cam announced today on facebook that 3 players are coming in from trades at the draft .

Pelletier and Spence were heavily rumored to be part of the Moncton trade , so odds are at least one of them are true .

Reactions: PanniniClaus

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
He wouldn't show his cards to much , but Cam announced today on facebook that 3 players are coming in from trades at the draft .

Pelletier and Spence were heavily rumored to be part of the Moncton trade , so odds are at least one of them are true .
More than likely it is a younger player like L'Heureux going to halifax if it is a completion of the moncton trade

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

IrishtownBruisers

Nov 22, 2018

Desnoyers and L'Heureux from Moncton and Robert Orr from Saint John.

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
Desnoyers , L'Heureux and Orr have all been confirmed on twitter .

With the draft still to come and a new high pick import surely on the way the lineup is gonna be mighty different if and when the team gets back together .

Thoughts on the draft ? Looks like we should be focusing on Defense for the higher rounds ( unless one of the high ranked goalies is still there for us )

We have LOADS of picks so trades aren't off the table . Any rumors or kids you'd like to see us land ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Desnoyers , L'Heureux and Orr have all been confirmed on twitter .

With the draft still to come and a new high pick import surely on the way the lineup is gonna be mighty different if and when the team gets back together .

Thoughts on the draft ? Looks like we should be focusing on Defense for the higher rounds ( unless one of the high ranked goalies is still there for us )

We have LOADS of picks so trades aren't off the table . Any rumors or kids you'd like to see us land ?

Desnoyers and L'Heureux acquired for 5 picks. Basically, we sent all picks back to the Wildcats we got from the Groulx and McIsaac trades but held onto the two 1st rounders. So in the end... Desnoyers, L'Heureux, 2021 and 2022 Wildcats 1st rounders for Groulx and McIsaac. Moncton should be pissed off! Covid-19 screwed them over! I don't imagine the Wildcats will be very good next season and the season after and we own both their picks. Rebuild for the Mooseheads already underway! We are spoiled people!

Mooseheads have picks 14, 18, 27, 28, 60, 61, 66, 78, 132, 150, 186, 204, 222, 240 I believe.

Mooseheads should have a very good Euro pick too. 5th OA I beleive?

I also believe both Gravel and McLaren are 20 year olds next year. Trade Gravel to a contender looking for a goalie on draft day? Good chance he plays one more Q year?

Last edited:

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
The Picks are in !
14th -(F) Markus Vidicek - 33 points (15 Goals, 18 Assists) Lac St-Louis Lions
18th -(F) Jordan Dumais - 125 points (47 Goals, 78 Assists) South Kent
22th -(D) Jake Furlong - 44 points ( 7 Goals , 37 Assists ) Mt. St Charles Academy.
28th - (F) James Swan - 33 points ( 17 Goals , 16 Assists ) Lac St-Louis Lions
61st -(G) Mathis Rousseau - 2.77GAA , 909% - St-Eustache
66th - (D) Alex Carr - 18 points ( 6 Goals , 12 Assists ) Cole Harbour
78th - (D) - Alexandre Tessier - 22 Points ( 5 Goals , 17 Assists ) St-Eustache
132 - (F) - Braeden MacPhee - 22 Points ( 10 Goals , 12 Assists ) Moncton Flyers
186 - (D) - Jackson Dorrington - 27 points ( 9 Goals , 18 Assists ) Cushing Academy ( US Prep )
204 - (D) - Travis Badcock - 10 points ( 5 Goals , 5 Assists ) East Coast Blizzard MAAA
222 - (D) - Sid McNeill - 5 Points ( 5 Assists ) Oakland Jr. Grizzlies 15's
240 - (D) - Brady Schultz - 22 Points ( 12 Goals , 10 Assists ) USPL16

We also Picked up Overager , Liam Peyton From The Islanders ( With Horvath being the other overager looks like Gravel or McLaren will be traded )

Last edited:

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Dumais was probably the best forward in this draft for me. Swan and Vidicek are also two top notch players that should be top 6 level players by their second Q season. It was a very impressive draft for Halifax if these guys come over. Also have to say that I like Rousseau more than Ruccia who went in the first round. Tessier was an overager who was probably the best d on his Midget AAA team, should crack the roster right away.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I see Barinka being shipped out of they can find a better option. They ought to be able to.

Mooseheads would have picks 5 and 65 I believe. Peeters is 18 next season (drafted 48th OA in the 2019 Import draft) and he will be kept around as a piece to use in a trade when he is 19... if he continues to take steps forwards. He had a decent 1st Q year at 17. Don't see Barinka as an asset at this stage. He should have had a much better season last year at 18 IMO. Maybe someone who needs a Euro bites in a trade... his age 19 season coming up and I don't think he has much value at all.

Whoever the Mooseheads draft at 5 and then whoever they draft in the 2021 import draft will be part of our next rebuild core. When Peeters is 19, the kids will still only be 17/18 ish. I am however interested to see if Peeters can take a jump forward this year in development though.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dumais was probably the best forward in this draft for me. Swan and Vidicek are also two top notch players that should be top 6 level players by their second Q season. It was a very impressive draft for Halifax if these guys come over. Also have to say that I like Rousseau more than Ruccia who went in the first round. Tessier was an overager who was probably the best d on his Midget AAA team, should crack the roster right away.

Was Dumais one of those picks that would only report to certain teams and it's the reason why we got him later?

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Was Dumais one of those picks that would only report to certain teams and it's the reason why we got him later?
Don’t know.

it’s weird because:

some teams have Savoie as being NHL, some saw Loshing as 3rd-5th.

i know some had Rozzi higher and Dumais higher.

I know Rozzi isn’t a higher pick and when we went against Verreault I was impressed, so what I’ll say is.

I’m not sure the gap between Verreault, Rozzi and Vidicek and Dumais is big at all.

Theres a LSL connection to Halifax and it’s not with Drouin, it’s with an old coach ironically so expect all the LSL boys to report next year. These guys all know each other and it will make the transition easier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad