Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Pack went right through Springfield and Providence last year and then got knocked out by Hershey. Springfield had had their number all year. They just couldn't score on Hofer but that all changed in the playoffs. The Pack destroyed them and if I remember dominated Providence as well who have Brandon Bussi as their goalie then and should be the goalie we see in the next round. He's very good and he's probably going to want revenge for last year. Charlotte this year really had our number and though it wasn't as easy as Springfield or Providence last year thankfully the Pack got the job done today.

Speaking of the Bears half of Hershey's defense is up with the Caps right now but if they lose tonight they'll be right back to the Calder Cup playoffs. We should help the Bears dress their best lineup by finishing things off tonight. Just saying.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008

Berard had a fantastic assist on the Nash goal. Stepped up nicely when Othmann missed the 3rd after sustaining a hit from behind.

Glad they won, I think Goaltending and D were the main reasons for the win today. I need to watch more of Mancini and Scanlin but they seem pretty steady in the AHL.

Ironic that Berard and Chmelar factored in on all three goals and now they're going back to Providence for the next round (where they both played in college).

Happy for Garand who looked calm and sharp.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I mean Johnston went 23 but is arguably top 5 in a re-draft. Plenty of teams wishing they could do that one over.

I've never been a huge Othmann guy but he has been fine, and his game has improved and developed positively as the season progressed.
Exactly. Six other teams after the Rangers passed on Johnston too. Let's not pretend that Wyatt Johnston of all people was a consensus top 15 pick on the board and the Rangers went off and drafted a scrub. Oh and Johnston's pre-draft rankings were all over the place.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Anyone else concerned that Vasienen is not playing in these games but Chmelar has?

Not really. Kalle Väisänen came over from Finland, has to adjust not only to hockey in North America but also life in North America. Edström last year was more an anomaly than anything else, playing regular shifts in the post-season after coming over.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
What's CLT? The clits?
IMG_0304.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad