Value of: Hawks trading down from #2 to at worst the #7

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Apparently not a ton of consensus in this #2-7 range with many of these picks having their specific pro's and con's. Hypothetically if Kyle Davidson wouldn't want Demidov, what would Anaheim, Columbus, Montreal, Utah, and Ottawa give up for the #2 pick? This likely doesn't happen as we rarely see teams move up or down this early in NHL drafts, but this particular draft at least leaves room open for discussion.

Only stipulation is the trade would at the very least involve a swap of 1st rounders this draft i.e. a trade with CBJ would be the #2 for #4 +++

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
MTL might go hard for it if #2 really is available and if Hughes/his scouts think theres a big separation between Demidov and the #3 forward in the draft

prob a pick package like #5 + Jets 1st + prospect/young player

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Montreal makes most sense... and like their fan base has already said

#5 + jets 1st/young dmen

Reactions: Nicko999

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Hawks were more interested in a guy who will be available at #5

Habs 1st + Jets 1st + RW Filip Mesar maybe?

Hawks would pick #5, #20 and wherever Jets pick ultimately ends up in this draft and add a quality RW prospect

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If Hawks were more interested in a guy who will be available at #5

Habs 1st + Jets 1st + RW Filip Mesar maybe?

Hawks would pick #5, #20 and wherever Jets pick ultimately ends up in this draft
If they like Demidov, I imagine they do.

The excuse/reason/whatever the Habs didn't draft Michkov was because they couldn't watch him. They've apparently been able to watch Demidov.

When asked if anyone has separated themselves from the pack after Celebrini, Hughes made it his job to say no one has.

They seem to really like Demidov, but is it that much more than Lindstrom, Iginla, Catton, Sennecke ? That, we don't know.

Reactions: loadie and TT1

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
If they like Demidov, I imagine they do.

The excuse/reason/whatever the Habs didn't draft Michkov was because they couldn't watch him. They've apparently been able to watch Demidov.

When asked if anyone has separated themselves from the pack after Celebrini, Hughes made it his job to say no one has.

They seem to really like Demidov, but is it that much more than Lindstrom, Iginla, Catton, Sennecke ? That, we don't know.
yup if Demidov isnt a tier above the no3 forward (say Lindstrom) then i doubt he'd move, this draft has a ton of really good D so odds that you'll get the no2 or no3 forward at #5 is very high (especially cus dmen have high asset value as well)

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Unless the add isn't significant (ie value of about a 2nd rder), I dont think any team will.move up.

Levshunov
Demidov
Lindstrom
Catton
Iginla
Simayev
Dickinson

All have similar upside.

Teams.will draft the BPA unless the price to move up to get their guy isn't too high

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
With all the guys from 2 to 6 or so grouped together, I don’t see the value for those teams to pay to move up.
So many people saying this, and yet, every team has scouts paid to have an opinion on the ranking of these guys, and that ranking is what their job security is based on.

Bob McKensie saying they are similar and it's hard to predict a draft order is one thing, but NHL scouting teams definitely have strong opinons about this. Otherwise, they're fired.

MTL might go hard for it if #2 really is available and if Hughes/his scouts think theres a big separation between Demidov and the #3 forward in the draft

prob a pick package like #5 + Jets 1st + prospect/young player
Something like #5, #26 and Harris for #2 and a 3d rounder might make sense. (Harris is an example. I still think Chicago should want Dvorak as a vet center who's a local boy who'd likely be easy to extend at a discount).

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
This won’t happen. These things never happen. KD said he was thrilled to stay at #2, they knew the overwhelming odds were they would fall to 3-4. He’s not trading out of #2 to add a late first in a bad draft. Especially when they have #34 and a couple other seconds.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
As many have said, I think the habs likely offer the best package but is it enough? Only Chi fans can answer

Habs 5th + Winnipegs ~27th + prospect/young player

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Id imagine 1 of Demidov/Lindstrom are there at 4, Columbus should just pick whoever it is and not give up assets to move up

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I feel like Chicago would be better off keeping the #2 overall pick for a higher-end player and trading their later 1st rounder

BUT if they do trade down, it should be for a top-10 pick and solid prospect

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
As many have said, I think the habs likely offer the best package but is it enough? Only Chi fans can answer

Not sure the hawks move the second for that return unless they know their guy would make it to 5.

Reactions: ottawa

Crow

May 19, 2014

It’s enough for a lot of the fans including me in this draft but as the poster above you said, davidson was elated to have #2 so he must have his eye on someone at 2. I don’t think we are moving down and I think that means Demidov. Hawks could use an elite winger badly in the system. I kind of prefer a RHD and there are a couple available at 5 I consider nearly equal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad