• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I was only going to do the first 32 picks. Screw it, let’s try to get to our 2nd round pick (#45).

This is a draft board for the Minnesota Wild. We, as a collective, are the GM and scouting department tasked with ranking the players for the upcoming draft.

Who is the #1 player on our draft board?

• Love
Reactions: 57special

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The "consensus" #1 projected pick, as a forward, has a pretty good track record in the last 10 years.

McDavid, Matthews, Hughes, Bedard. Lafrenierre seems to be the only weak one.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
The "consensus" #1 projected pick, as a forward, has a pretty good track record in the last 10 years.

McDavid, Matthews, Hughes, Bedard. Lafrenierre seems to be the only weak one.
he might be taking the Mackinnon path. It took him 4-5 years to really explode offensively.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
For funsies, this is what I said about Lafreniere during the lottery thread:

“When you watch his full games, he also has some warts in terms of decision making and turnovers, he makes a lot of blind passes. His play at the WJC was incredible, but doesn't match up with some of his late in the season CHL play. I think he will be fine physically out of the gate but I think he would struggle at least initially playing an NHL game, or at least the Wild's style of play. Whatever they did to get Fiala up to speed would likely be of huge benefit to Laf if he does end up on this team, but I do think there will be more of a learning curve than the consensus seems to think for this player.”

There were a lot more questions that I had about Laf’s game than most #1s, I think him being consensus is more about the cast around him than his own actual play. No one really made a strong push so he got to live off the WJC performance for two straight years.

Reactions: Sweetnut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad