Jan 1, 2018
200w (5).gif

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
3 stars for the series.

1. Zibanejad
2. Trocheck
3. ...Goodrow (I can't believe I just wrote that.)

HM to Kakko, Roslovic and Kreider.

Would have handed out Dishonorable mentions too but its a sweep. There were guys who sucked in this series and we all know who they were. They all need to be better moving forward and at least one of them looked to be possibly turning a corner in that 3rd period.
1. Trocheck , 2 Shesterkin, 3 Zibanejad. A lot of hm’s

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers had a tougher go in the first two periods. Early in the 3rd Oshie highsticks Trocheck and Panarin puts the puck in the net. After that Rangers didn't give them much. Good teams close games out and the Caps have issues scoring goals. Carolina if they're the team (and it's very likely) that we face next have a much more potent offense. I think the Caps played hard but they were the weakest team to make the playoffs in the East. It's likely going to be harder in the next round and in any subsequent rounds if we get past the Canes.

Before the series we heard that the Rangers were mediocre 5v5 and beating us would be easy as long as the team playing us kept our power play quiet. That didn't happen. 2 shorthanded goals as well. Igor was really good. So was our 4th line. Mika and Trocheck led the offense. We have a good team.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Lovely. Just keep playing your 1-3-1. Don’t chase them in your own zone. Stay disciplined. Finish your checks. Short shifts. Don’t look for the low percentage play just because it looks good on a highlight reel. Draw penalties and let the PP do its thing; let the third and fourth lines trap them in their zone.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Imagine we win 12 more games. None truly dominant. Post game thread some of you complain about how they skated with the cup.

We have some time off. Some of you need to start enjoying this team. Go back. Watch some old games. We didn’t win 10-0, but we won. A lot. Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad