How good is Easton Cowan going to be in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Realistically a very good 2nd liner is very high expectations haha

Did you say the same thing about Robertson?
You mean the 22 year old Nick Robertson who has obviously already peaked at that old of an age ? Weird ass post lol, a good 2nd line player isn't high expectations, then again when you're a fan of a team like Calgary one can only dream of having a player capable of playing the 2nd line.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
You mean the 22 year old Nick Robertson who has obviously already peaked at that old of an age ? Weird ass post lol, a good 2nd line player isn't high expectations, then again when you're a fan of a team like Calgary one can only dream of having a player capable of playing the 2nd line.
Haha wtf, like congratulations on tanking, I'm very happy with Calgary's drafting and developing

Good news is you'll be able to renew his contract next year for cheap after Brad blows it up

• Haha
Reactions: AvroArrow

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Hard to say, maybe similar numbers to Nick Robertson on the leafs, both had similar numbers, after they were drafted, Nick being better at goal scoring, both had strong numbers last year of junior.
Nick Robertson got slowed by Covid and injuries, however he had a pretty good year as a 22 year old last year. The issue is that Toronto is pretty stacked up front and on the PP. He didn't get a lot of ice time.

Having said this, he was 31st in the NHL for 5 on 5 goals per 60 minutes. If he could crack that top six and first PP he could put up some numbers.

Cowan may face the same issues of ice time and opportunity. This is why I think the Leafs could move Marner with Knies, Robertson and Cowan able to step and absorb some of the offense lost with Marner out.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Haha wtf, like congratulations on tanking, I'm very happy with Calgary's drafting and developing

Good news is you'll be able to renew his contract next year for cheap after Brad blows it up
Buddy, the flames drafting & development is not something to be happy about

Pelletier,
Coronato
Zary
Honzek

Of those guys only Zary looks like a NHLer and he is right around robertson as a player just getting more opportunities on the flames

Honzek had a horrific D+1, and while has great size, is a project pick who has high bust risk

Coronato is a midget just like robertson who cant even crack the NHL. He is behind robertson as a player and hasnt shown the progress expected

Pelletier is perpetually injured and from the same draft class as Robertson.

You guys have 8th OA now, so should get an impact piece, but flames have had trouble adding quality prospects to their team for a while.

Cowan would be the flames best forward prospect

Last edited:

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
If he ends up like mini Marner then be good as Marner mostly like being traded.
Only thing they have in common is they played for the London Knights. Is an undersized forward that also please with intensity and aggressive. He’s a player from the Sundin era. Think something like Darcy Tucker, Bunting or someone with a motor and heart like Gary Robert’s. Won’t be be a superstar but not bad for being drafted late 1st and could still be a huge fan favorite.

Reactions: Tarmore

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

You guys are literally one of the worst teams in the league, stuck in no mans land. Who are you kidding

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Either top 6 or bust. It’s pretty hard to accurately project teenagers to what they’ll be in their middle 20’s. Every prospect and situation is different.

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021
He looks like the friendly gremlin from the Gremlins movies. Gizmo I wanna say?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
If I had to guess he'd be a 60-80 point guy.

I always say, they may be a good junior player... but I want to see how they play in the NHL first before judging if they can play in the NHL. See, some players are good at producing at their age level, but doesn't because they're good at producing means they can play in the NHL.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
There's an entire prospect forum section.

You're asking people on here that have probably never heard of the guy.

Doubt he ever becomes a star but I think he can become a great complementary winger in the top 6.

Reactions: Dead Coyote

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I feel like in the modern NHL, 65 ish points isn't really top line production. 6-7 years ago sure, but you got multiple 100+ point guys, we had 75 players (69 forwards) that scored 65+ points this year
Ok, but 69 forwards is barely more than 2 per team, which means it really is top line production

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I feel like in the modern NHL, 65 ish points isn't really top line production. 6-7 years ago sure, but you got multiple 100+ point guys, we had 75 players (69 forwards) that scored 65+ points this year

There are 32 nhl teams. That’s 96 1st lines.

By your numbers not even all first line players hit 65 points. Yet you say 65 points isn’t top line production. Your numbers and statement do not add up.

Good second liners are like 45 - 55 point players.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad