OT: I am bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Now imagine Olivia Munn wearing the same thing doing the belt/discount double check

I'm good, I'll just keep thinking about my future wife :naughty:

11393223_10153274144230709_5510007941845481551_n.jpg

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
24 h of Nordschleife currently ongoing. If anyone's interested:
stream - http://www.24h-rennen.de/live-streams/
live timing - http://www.24h-rennen.de/live-timing-ticker/

Interesting note. There's a #8 Mercedes AMG GT3 with a Alzen, Arnold, Götz and Seyffarth behind the wheel. However, #88 has the same guys behind the wheel as well. What that means is that 4 drivers will attempt to drive 48 hours in a span of 24 hours around probably the most grueling race track in the world (granted there was a 3 h stoppage due to extreme rain and hail).

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Until she beats you.

Who is to say I might not enjoy that :naughty:

But, that said, I have a secret ace up my sleeve. There is an obscure law in North Carolina, that if you book a hotel room with someone and register as being married on the booking, then, by law, you are legally married.

Just gotta convince her to go see a Railhawks game with me or something.

Tenth one down.

That website has some real doozies, I will take my leave of you as you peruse some of the funnier laws our great country has to offer :laugh:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
24 h of Nordschleife currently ongoing. If anyone's interested:
stream - http://www.24h-rennen.de/live-streams/
live timing - http://www.24h-rennen.de/live-timing-ticker/

Interesting note. There's a #8 Mercedes AMG GT3 with a Alzen, Arnold, Götz and Seyffarth behind the wheel. However, #88 has the same guys behind the wheel as well. What that means is that 4 drivers will attempt to drive 48 hours in a span of 24 hours around probably the most grueling race track in the world (granted there was a 3 h stoppage due to extreme rain and hail).

I love the 24 hour events. More for the engineering and endurance side, than the excitement of the race. Those cars are put through so much. It's one thing to have a car function in top form for 3 hours, but an entire day is crazy.

Not to mention that track is insane during the day. At night it really is the Green Hell.

Last edited:

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
I love the 24 hour events. More for the engineering and endurance side, than the excitement of the race. Those cars are put through so much. It's one thing to have a car function in top form for 3 hours, but an entire day is crazy.

Not to mention that track is insane during the day. At night it really is the Green Hell.
Exactly, it's insane. The crews that work on cars are also on a very tough schedule in 24h races, often going nearly two full days with very little sleep. And with the cars getting ever more reliable races tend to be close. Fun times.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Back in the PS2 days I hated Nordschleife because of GT4. You had to do a complete lap for a license test, without touching the walls or going off the track. License tests are the worst.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Who is to say I might not enjoy that :naughty:

But, that said, I have a secret ace up my sleeve. There is an obscure law in North Carolina, that if you book a hotel room with someone and register as being married on the booking, then, by law, you are legally married.

Just gotta convince her to go see a Railhawks game with me or something.

Tenth one down.

That website has some real doozies, I will take my leave of you as you peruse some of the funnier laws our great country has to offer :laugh:

I think her actual husband might have a problem with that.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Hah. I made a pinewood derby car TWICE!

In truth, we are both lying. Everyone knows that the competitive fathers hijack that event and make the cars themselves for bragging rights.

If we're counting dads "I" made three. But I actually made one once, it got third (of 7).

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg

Pass for the lead in the last lap of a 24 h race. Bit agressive, but need to defend better than that against faster driver.

Last edited:

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Have never, EVER, shattered the face of my phone since I've had one. We're talking 15+ years of having a cell phone. Last night? Phone fell a whole 2.5 feet onto a wood floor and THAT's what shattered my screen. To add insult to injury, I'm only 5 months out from an upgrade. :facepalm:

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Oh yeah, and a few days ago I was having a nice little drive on Virginia back roads when some dumbass taking up too much lane forced me to the right and into a trench which eventually lead to the side of someone's driveway entrance. Two blown tires, two destroyed wheels on the right side. It's been an expensive couple days. :help:

13238957_10154236944839532_7195862864767096195_n.jpg

(wheels are bent to hell on the inside which is why this one looks fine)

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
I love these.

Oh yeah, and a few days ago I was having a nice little drive on Virginia back roads when some dumbass taking up too much lane forced me to the right and into a trench which eventually lead to the side of someone's driveway entrance. Two blown tires, two destroyed wheels on the right side. It's been an expensive couple days. :help:

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8b83fe0581db21b545add286bafb4053&oe=57C8F63F

(wheels are bent to hell on the inside which is why this one looks fine)
W210 in MA. That must be a rust bucket by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad