Is this the worst 3 year collapse of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
After Carolina completes the easiest reverse sweep in sports history, the Rangers would have three straight playoff losses where they blew a 2-0 series lead or better. One of which was a 2-0 series lead on the road and one was a 3-0 series lead. Would this be the most pathetic three consecutive year collapse of all time?

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
After Carolina completes the easiest reverse sweep in sports history, the Rangers would have three straight playoff losses where they blew a 2-0 series lead or better. One of which was a 2-0 series lead on the road and one was a 3-0 series lead. Would this be the most pathetic three consecutive year collapse of all time?
Jinx thread is obvious

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wow! I must have had a blackout. I thought this was Monday.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Are we not allowed to overhype Shesterkin now?

I mean, I killed him today but he got 1 goal from Jacob Trouba support today and still has one of the best save percentages all time in the playoffs.

The team in front of him sucks balls. 8 seed with a good PP that gets figured out 2 games in against decent teams.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida

Obvious jinxes are obvious

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Obvious jinxes are obvious

Not really, as much I'd LOVE a post on the HF message board to result in a win for my team this is how I feel. The Rangers were never better than the Hurricanes. There's a reason the Hurricanes were the top cup contender and the Rangers were viewed as a joke Presidents' Trophy team with a +1 5 on 5 differential in 82 games.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Did I miss something? Correct me if I'm wrong but the OP seems to be jumping the gun really early here. The Rangers are still in the drivers seat in this series. Maybe wait a bit longer before diving off the bandwagon. (For the record I'm not a fan of either team, I just find it hilarious how fragile some fans are)

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021
The Rangers are still in the drivers seat in this series. Maybe wait a bit longer before diving off the bandwagon.

lol they're in the driver's seat alright

giphy.gif

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The two teams are roughly even, so it was bound to be 3-2, even though the journey of how wins were distributed was more unusual.

Reactions: DaveG

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Of course! Everything involving NY sports teams is always the best, the worst, the most historic, yada yada - as NY is the center the universe.

Even this thread is the most obvious reverse jinx attempt in the history of mankind. Start spreading the news…

Reactions: Shark Finn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad