GDT: Islanders @ Devils - Season Finale - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
How did you get Gilmour to recreate his iconic guitar work for the parody video? Did you discuss him possibly touring in 2024?
I heard he got tired of the shitty Uber Eats service and actually went to the Krusty Krab incognito. Eugene Krabs (who happens to be a huge Floyd fan from way back) instantly recognized him. They say Krabs eventually introduced him to Spongebob and Patrick who then pitched their cockamamie idea to him. Still angry over Waters slamming him over being creatively bankrupt and not having any real musical ideas, he was all in.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully the last game Travis Green ever works for this team in any kind of on-ice capacity.

IMG_3511.gif

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
That's because they always put some aside for the member rewards/guaranteed giveaways/extras but if you show up 30 mins prior to the game you're most likely not getting one, especially for bobbleheads which people go nuts for lol

I'll be there when the doors open. There are some nice advantages about the workday ending at 3:30.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
So this is the Timo bobblehead? I guess? :oops: Almost as bad as the Bratt one. At least they got the Mercer spot-on.

Still gonna get there early to get mine. :D

1713198720147.png
1713198846529.png

Reactions: My3Sons

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I'm ready for the pain to end. Would be nice to beat them though and possibly hurt their playoff chances.

Also nothing says fan appreciation night like not having enough bobbleheads for everyone in attendance. We only appreciate you if you can get here early enough before we run out of them. Nice job by our clowns in the front office on that side of things. They sure as shit could have afforded it after the ticket prices increased after last season and this season.

If I were to guess, the first 9,000 deal is intentional. Have the fans feel the need to get there early to ensure they get the giveaway (whatever it happens to be) and then spend some extra $$$ on concessions while waiting for the actual warmups and game.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
If I were to guess, the first 9,000 deal is intentional. Have the fans feel the need to get there early to ensure they get the giveaway (whatever it happens to be) and then spend some extra $$$ on concessions while waiting for the actual warmups and game.

Absolutely but there are teams out there, the Philadelphia Phillies for one example nearby that give them out for everyone. Just find it more ridiculous to not give them out to everyone when it's "fan appreciation day"

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Absolutely but there are teams out there, the Philadelphia Phillies for one example nearby that give them out for everyone. Just find it more ridiculous to not give them out to everyone when it's "fan appreciation day"

I think most teams sadly operate like the Devils do. For instance, the Yankees. I think they say they give out like 18,000 to the first fans there for bobbleheads. That's not even half the capacity of the stadium.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think most teams sadly operate like the Devils do. For instance, the Yankees. I think they say they give out like 18,000 to the first fans there for bobbleheads. That's not even half the capacity of the stadium.

You're right that most do, I just think it's in poorer taste to do it on "fan appreciation night" the team raised ticket prices after last season and another 9% for next season, they can absolutely afford it.

I've thought the front office in terms of off the ice stuff has been absolutely horrid this year which is fitting cause the on the ice stuff has been equally awful. I've had the worst rep I've ever had across all my years and different teams (Red Bulls) this year. I've had to email and call multiple times to get an answer for the 2 questions I had all season so it's not like I'm a pain in the ass even bothering the rep.

Higher ticket prices, less benefits, no playoffs, awful new concessions stand vendor with equally awful prices, disaster of a rollout for the stadium series jerseys.

This building was packed all year despite how awful the front office is in these departments. They better turn it around quickly next year or a lot of the good will they earned from last season is really going to fade quickly.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How did that become a thing? I don't get it. Isn't it a single line in one episode?
As far as I know it became a meme here during the whole Kovalchuk signing/contract saga but I never watched the Simpsons so I don't know if it has any larger significance than that.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Overtime loss sounds about right .. finish it up at 38-38-6. Complete mediocrity and one of the most disappointing seasons ever for the Devils.
Losing in OT to the team with the most OT losses in the league? Checks out for the 2023-24 Devils. Technically, it'll probably be a shootout loss just to drag it out another few minutes.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Question for locals. Can you typically get away with brown bagging it on the path train if you're not obnoxious while doing it or are they pretty strict about enforcing the no beverage rule? I feel like I crushed a couple tall boys the last time I took the train to get to a game but that was a long time ago.

Reactions: Cheddabombs

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Question for locals. Can you typically get away with brown bagging it on the path train if you're not obnoxious while doing it or are they pretty strict about enforcing the no beverage rule? I feel like I crushed a couple tall boys the last time I took the train to get to a game but that was a long time ago.

Unless you're intentionally drawing attention to yourself nobody is going to care.

Reactions: PWiz30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad