Player Discussion: Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I hate what we gave up. But I'd rather overpay for Pageau than someone like Kreider.

Seriously, Pageau seems like a great Trotz type player...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Team Cozens

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
What’s the condition on the first RD pick?
lottery protected, so if we somehow win the draft lottery this year and move to a top-3 pick, the first rounder gets pushed back to 2021.

2nd rounder this year is condition-less

3rd rounder this year if we win the stanley cup this year (totally worth it, if so)

Reactions: MYIslanders

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
What’s the condition on the first RD pick?

I believe it's only top three protected so say goodbye to that pick... you gotta give to get but the team has no second round pick for the next two year and no 1st this year either. If they re-sign him at a reasonable price this is a good deal.

Main boards (lotta left fans) ripping the Islanders apart over this one. Personally I don't value 1st rd picks in the mid 20's too highly.

Reactions: MYIslanders

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
I believe it's only top three protected so say goodbye to that pick... you gotta give to get but the team has no second round pick for the next two year and no 1st this year either. If they re-sign him at a reasonable price this is a good deal.

Main boards (lotta left fans) ripping the Islanders apart over this one. Personally I don't value 1st rd picks in the mid 20's too highly.

What a shock.

Isles could've got this guy for a 5th and the same thing would happen. Lotta Isles hate on the main boards for whatever reason. Always has been.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

GoIsles1

Sep 12, 2018

No surprise. Leaf fans are in a really bad mood right now and can you blame them. :laugh:

Reactions: buud

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
You guys will love Pageau. Swiss Army knife kind of player. He is a great penalty killer and he will take a lot of defensive zone draws. He’s having a career year in terms of offence. Now, he may never hit these kind of numbers again, but he’s still going to give you some offence. 40-45 points a year I what I would expect on average. He’s great in the playoffs too.

One of the better third line centres in the game in my opinion. Great teammate too. Brady Tkachuk has talked about how great Pageau is in the dressing room. If he had stayed in Ottawa they may have given him the C.

Good luck.

MYIslanders

Oct 4, 2014
Ya, at first I was surprised by the picks going out, but the more it settles the more I like it. Have to give to get, and hopefully he re-signs. I know some have lost faith, but I still trust Lou.

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
I like Pageau.
Good that we are extending him. But really scared about the numbers.. 5x5 would be good deal. Im afraid lou is gonna ink him to 6x6..

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Ugh. I hope they're working on an extention with this guy, because paying this price for a rental is kinda crazy.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Lou gets Pageau signed too. This is a deal that is not only got me excited for the Isles, but man, what a steal. He fits in cap wise giving the Isles a 1-4 punch down the middle for years to come.

Reactions: davinhimself

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Pageau is a even strength beast. He is +10 on a team with a -48 GF/GA differential.

He really fits in on a Trotz roll 4 lines approach to coaching.

Kills PIMS too.

Can't wait to see him with Brassard and maybe Beau.

Options are wide open with Pageau, or he could slide down with Bailey and Komarov.

Lee Barzal Eberle
Beauviller Nelson Brassard
Bailey Pageau Komarov
Clutterbuck Cizikas Martin

Pulock Green
Boychuck Leddy
Mayfield Toews

Varly
Greiss

Give me this line up in a 7 game series against anyone. We have a shot at winning. No fear here.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Why would Pageau re-sign with us now? I'm sure the Islander lockerroom has a great reputation around the league - not a problem guy in there. I'm sure the lifestyle on LI also is spoken highly of around the league (or at least as being underrated) - great place to live if you have money.

But the guy is coming up on FA for the first time (probably only time) in his career. He just got traded to a foreign place that he's never spent any significant time to (unless he has an Aunt in Smithtown we don't know about). Why would he sign an extension now? Its confusing to say the least. He must have really wanted to get away from his hometown, I guess.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Sens fan happy he went to the Island. The price is a bit high, but there was much speculation he was going to Philadelphia all week. Can't say I blame Lou..

Glad he went to you guys. Cheers!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Pageau is a even strength beast. He is +10 on a team with a -48 GF/GA differential.

Kills PIMS too.

Options are wide open with Pageau, or he could slide down with Bailey and Komarov.

Lee Barzal Eberle
Bailey Pageau Komarov

Pulock Green
Boychuck Leddy
Mayfield Toews

Varly
Greiss

Give me this line up in a 7 game series against anyone. We have a shot at winning. No fear here.

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017

Kills PIMS too.

Lee Barzal Eberle
Bailey Pageau Komarov

Pulock Green
Boychuck Leddy
Mayfield Toews

Varly
Greiss

You missed Zach fckn Parise from the lineup. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad