Confirmed with Link: Jeannot to TB

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Not sure why we would trade fabbro and replace him with a guy in Foote that can’t crack TBs lineup. Definitely have to see what other moves are being made.

That said, Jeannot just stocked pile 5 picks. That’s crazy number of assets. Wonder if there is any thought to flipping Foote?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Tampa doesn't pick until the 6th round this year ... doesn't have a 1st round pick until 2026. They remain in the win now, risk it all to get a piece they think will help them make run now mode. If things cool down they lack the picks to develop internally.

The Preds now have three RHD on the roster with contracts expiring at the end of the season ... but the skills don't align with balancing the three pairs.

Reactions: Enoch

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Not sure why we would trade fabbro and replace him with a guy in Foote that can’t crack TBs lineup. Definitely have to see what other moves are being made.

That said, Jeannot just stocked pile 5 picks. That’s crazy number of assets. Wonder if there is any thought to flipping Foote?
I thought the same about flipping Foote. He's an RFA and might have some interest, then again we might see Ekholm headed out so he could be depth for that.

Jeannot gets traded so now I'll shut up about being sure anyone else is staying put. All bets are off.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Welcome to a rebuild. Anything of value that can be moved will be moved.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I like TB's thinking, because even though it's a lot of draft picks, it's rare for them to amount to anything. The 2025 1st is good for us... but I probably won't live to see that player in a Preds uniform, so pardon my lack of excitement about that one. :)

Foote has tools. He has size, a shot, a bunch of things. But 3 years in a row now he can't hold a regular spot on a blueline where they have really been praying he would step in and be a cheap ELC in their Cap-strapped lineup. Getting passed by broken down vets or others like Perbix stepping straight in from college this year. He's worth taking a look at for sure, but if they think he immediately replaces Fabbro, well... I would be shocked. Maybe we can salvage him into a player, worth a try, but not worth setting expectations too high IMHO.

Still, 5 picks and a change of scenery reclamation D is a lot of stuff for Jeannot. Just, I could have liked one single high quality prospect even more than this "haul".

I wonder what Jeannot's contract is going to look like. Tampa doesn't have a lot of Cap room, like ever. But I don't think they paid this price without being ready to sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad