Confirmed with Link: John Hynes fired; Andrew Brunette hired as new HC

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Third coach for the remaining members of the CC. Now to see if it's coaching or just who they are.
I'm starting to think that basically all modern coaches are going to have to adjust to some form of CC culture. It may be just more of a general modern player mindset than something specific to our players and our team.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
As before, if Taylor is agreeable, I'd much rather see him continue with the youngsters on the Ads. If he doesn't want to do that anymore and prefers being an NHL assistant, he has certainly earned the right to make that choice, but I sure hope he's not tired of Milwaukee. :crossfing
They fans were crazy loud the whole game yesterday. Some rinks are dead. The players like the fans energy, but I can understand if Taylor wants to go be a AC or HC in the NHL. I wish him the best of luck and hope that the Preds bring him up. That won't happen until some time in June. June 3rd at the earliest, so maybe June 5th for the announcement?

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
They fans were crazy loud the whole game yesterday. Some rinks are dead. The players like the fans energy, but I can understand if Taylor wants to go be a AC or HC in the NHL. I wish him the best of luck and hope that the Preds bring him up. That won't happen until some time in June. June 3rd at the earliest, so maybe June 5th for the announcement?
Hey don't be a pessimist. Make the announcement after the Finals

It just made no sense for Trotz to make all the moves he made but keep the same coach.

Hynes overperformed when it looked like we should suck but underperformed when it looked like we should have been contenders

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
It’s such a Preds thing that the first goal didn’t go in the net. I was there and it seemed so obvious the net was intentionally dislodged that in today’s game it would be a 30second review. Different times back then.

Does anyone remember circumstances under which Brunette left the Preds? I’m pretty sure he was the Union player rep and said some aggressive things about contraction and maybe Nashville not keeping a team if it was bad for the players…. And Poile sending him packing thereafter.Maybe I’m mixing old events if the past…. Anyway, I’m ok with the move. Don’t love the hiring but do love the firing.

Reactions: adsfan

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
My reaction was "Yes! Oh." :laugh: I wasn't thrilled with the hiring because a personal connection to the GM over 20 years ago is why Hynes was hired, but I'm warming up to it a little after seeing that he guided the Panthers to a Presidents Trophy and helped turn the Devils around this season. Maybe he didn't have a lot to do with either, but at least he didn't hold them back. He's also a young coach who will hopefully play the kids. So, we'll see... but I'm optimistic mostly because Hynes is gone. I was afraid that Trotz was going to let him start the season, only to end up firing him partway in, putting the team and new coach (possibly just an interim) at a disadvantage the rest of the season. I'm glad that the new coach has all Summer to get to know the players and training camp to teach them and implement his system.

The fact that Trotz fired only one assistant and kept the other two could be a sign of making room for Taylor. Then again, it could well be because Brunette asked to bring one of his assistants from Florida with him. It looks like Ulf Samuelsson and Derek Mackenzie were both let go alongside Brunette and didn't coach anywhere this year, so one of those could be the replacement.

Last edited:
Reactions: adsfan and hido

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Hey don't be a pessimist. Make the announcement after the Finals

It just made no sense for Trotz to make all the moves he made but keep the same coach.

Hynes overperformed when it looked like we should suck but underperformed when it looked like we should have been contenders
Just reporting the earliest date that Karl Taylor could be available.

I hope that Milwaukee goes all the way. That is why we are paying money for playoff tickets. (We bought a third ticket for Game 5.) My judgement is fairly good since Milwaukee is already in the third round, versus Hynes led Nashville into "the Valley of Death". Onward, onward! Rode the 600.

BTW, I was the first person on this board this season who said that Hynes should be fired. My good judgement came after Game 6, when I realized that the Preds couldn't beat a good NHL team. The Sharks came in 7th in their division, two points ahead of the Ducks, and the 4th worst team overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: PredsV82

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I'm anxious to see how the young defensemen progress. I don't think Hynes developed a single defenseman.
I wonder what he can do with some of the younger kids with good wheels, especially Stastney. I think he, Josi and Carrier may accel in this new up-tempo system.

Something to consider for the PP, Brunette helped coach a NJ team that had an excellent PP. Also, Milwaukee had the number 1 PP in the AHL. Seems like a good fit for Taylor.

Love that they kept Hinote and Richards.

I will be going back to the Bridge next year. New GM. New Coach. Young players flooding the roster. I'm in.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It’s such a Preds thing that the first goal didn’t go in the net. I was there and it seemed so obvious the net was intentionally dislodged that in today’s game it would be a 30second review. Different times back then.

Does anyone remember circumstances under which Brunette left the Preds? I’m pretty sure he was the Union player rep and said some aggressive things about contraction and maybe Nashville not keeping a team if it was bad for the players…. And Poile sending him packing thereafter.Maybe I’m mixing old events if the past…. Anyway, I’m ok with the move. Don’t love the hiring but do love the firing.
I was thinking that was Scott Walker. I do remember it being an issue around the 2004-05 lockout. I thought AB just moved on or got traded to Atlanta after that first season.

But yes. it is JUST LIKE US to have something happen like that. I'm sure they had to retool all the rules regarding dislodged nets during the summer as a result. Ha!

Reactions: braindead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad