Attachments

• IMG_3303.jpeg
    IMG_3303.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 3

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021

2019: Shoulder surgery

2021-2022: missed over a month with shoulder issues

2022-2023: Injured it a few games into the season, tried to come back but blew it out again and got a second surgery

2023: Can’t make it through a few skates in training camp, rumblings of another needed surgery

I can’t believe we signed this guy to an 8X8 after shooting at an unsustainable % for one season. Pains me to say it but this might be an albatross contract if his shoulder is completely toast.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Can we swap pinto and norris’ salaries?
It’s only fair at this point.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
If he’s having set backs at this stage then the shoulder is fcked no sugar coating it.
Will need another surgery I’m guessing. Good night.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
The curse of andlauer. Bring the melnyk daughters back.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
2019: Shoulder surgery

2021-2022: missed over a month with shoulder issues

2022-2023: Injured it a few games into the season, tried to come back but blew it out again and got a second surgery

2023: Can’t make it through a few skates in training camp, rumblings of another needed surgery

I can’t believe we signed this guy to an 8X8 after shooting at an unsustainable % for one season. Pains me to say it but this might be an albatross contract if his shoulder is completely toast.

The contract was fine.

You always sign these young players to those contracts, so long as you get them without it being front-loaded and without signing bonuses. The buyout formula is extremely generous before the age of 26. These contracts end up working out more often than they don't.

A bridge deal would have been in the 5M-6M x 2-3 year range. With the benefit of hindsight, that would be preferable. At the time, 8x8 looked a lot smarter when you consider cap inflation. Soon, 8M will be 2nd line money.

If Norris is not hurt next year, but the Senators are concerned about his effectiveness, a buyout pretty much erases his cap hit completely for the next four seasons. The average cap hit over the first four years of his buyout would be 84k. After that, it's pretty much 1.5M a season. Keep in mind the actual money on the buyout doesn't kick in until 5 seasons from now so we're probably looking at 100-120 million as the cap ceiling if the world doesn't end.

I'm no doctor, but I'd guess if he goes back for another shoulder surgery his career is done, but who knows. That could mean he will be shut down for another year and he will have missed almost 2.5 seasons of hockey.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Well this sure puts a major damper on the excitement. God damn injuries euining all the fun.

The frustrating part is that while this couldn't be predicted, if you were to write down the risks this team had coming into this season, Josh Norris' health would have been in the top 2.

Knowing that, you'd think the priority would have been shoring up the position so the season doesn't get torpedoed, like it did last year.

Instead, Pinto is unsigned, we spent $5M on Tarasenko so we have zero flexibility, and it looks like we'll be starting the season with Greig in the #2 slot and Jarventie in the #3 slot. Two rookies, one of whom has only played C for ~15 games in the pros and has no idea how to take faceoffs.

We don't even have a Derick Brassard to fill in for a few games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad