Value of: Karel Vejmelka

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
27 years old, cap hit of $2.725m next season, then will hit UFA. Utah might be interested in upgrading his spot and swapping him out for some help on defense or a younger backup.

Short scouting report of him is that his lateral movement (that is to say, he slides into oblivion when he moves laterally) and rebound control are a bit... questionable. Somewhat reliably makes the first save, but had a down year with a GAA of 3.35 and save percentage of 0.897 in 38 games played. Might do well in a tandem system as a reclamation project somewhere or be a serviceable backup.

Any takers?

Reactions: Laus723

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Last year I was told he was god gift to goaltending and would only be traded for a first. What kind of fancy analytics will someone try to use to say he is one of the best in the league.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Last year I was told he was god gift to goaltending and would only be traded for a first. What kind of fancy analytics will someone try to use to say he is one of the best in the league.
I believe last year the Coyote fans weren't 100% convinced that Ingram was a starter and that's how you interpreted it, as that individual is just a commodity...

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I could see Florida interested in him as part of a return in a Knight trade.

I'd love a trade based around Vejmelka for Knight, myself. What do you suppose it might look like? I'd think Utah would have to add to that. Perhaps one of our many second-round picks? One of our four 2025 ones plus Vejmelka for Knight?

Reactions: Mosby

Ledge And Dairy

I'd love a trade based around Vejmelka for Knight, myself. What do you suppose it might look like? I'd think Utah would have to add to that. Perhaps one of our many second-round picks? One of our four 2025 ones plus Vejmelka for Knight?
I agree that Utah would probably have to add. I could see something like a 2nd + another conditional 2nd based on GP or something. The extra 1.75M cap space plus assets would probably be quite nice for them. Only issue with trading Knight is the following year would probably be expensive to keep Vejmelka without loosing an important player somewhere else in the lineup a year later

Reactions: Summer Rose

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I agree that Utah would probably have to add. I could see something like a 2nd + another conditional 2nd based on GP or something. The extra 1.75M cap space plus assets would probably be quite nice for them. Only issue with trading Knight is the following year would probably be expensive to keep Vejmelka without loosing an important player somewhere else in the lineup a year later

Luckily, Vejmelka's contract is only for next year and then he becomes a UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad