Post-Game Talk: Keefe Throws Game, Leafs Lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Felt like a game where Tampa just overpowered us in key areas. Namely, along the boards, and in front of the net.

Tampa kept the game to the wings after the first period, where our guys are more than happy to stay, because it's easy.

PP once again absolute trash despite the goal, but that could have been any random faceoff.

Woll was not good. He looked like an AHL goalie tonight. The shooters were seeing a lot of net.

Vasi was great in the first, and our enthusiasm to compete fell off after Tampa took the lead. At least the PK is functioning. I actually thought the D as a group were okay and the forwards were totally outclassed in all zones other than Matthews. Bert was not awful.

Not a good showing. Waste of a great effort from Matthews.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Our 3rd periods have been god awful lately. Bad trend. Woll was also shit.
Also we need Marner back yesterday.

Reactions: fahad203

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Keefe galaxy braining, he's purposely losing games so we don't get second and he doesn't have the ability to f*** up home ice

Matthews was good, his line was too

2nd line was awful. If nylander is hurt, sit the guy. f*** the 100 points. If he wasn't injured, then that was the most pathetic excuse of an attempt of hockey from a star player I've witnessed in quite some time.

Woll solidified the backup role. Ride or Die Samsonov time

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think there's a team in the league better at stick-grabbing than Tampa Bay. But what I can't figure out is, HOW DO THEY NEVER GET CALLED? They generate 2-on-1's by grabbing defensemen's sticks and pulling them down and the refs just let it go?

Reactions: WillNy29 and OddyOh

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Woll allowing the first shot in again.

Keefe playing the 4th line against Tampa’s 1st which features an MVP candidate.

Keefe sticking with McMann-Tavares-Nylander when they’ve been terrible the past few games.

The Kid Line can’t be relied upon to score every game, and the fourth line isn’t built to score and isn’t built to matchup against the other teams top lines, least of all with Brodie as one of the defensemen with them. Marner can’t come back soon enough. Gotta re-jig line 2.

At least Matthews scored again and we weren’t shutout. PK is still going strong too.

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
They were okay the first two periods but then they fell completely flat in the 3rd.

Outshot 12-4 in the 3rd period. Not like you were down 3-1 with a playoff clinching scenario on the horizon. Pathetic performance all around.

Keefe with the stupid decision to put the 4th line out against their 1st which ends up in the goal. Can't wait until his ass is canned this off season

Last edited:

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
A few guys showed up, a few didn't (including the coach). Meh, this one doesn't really move the needle for me either way. If Vasi is on, then so is Tampa.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Play Woll every game until the playoffs

If he doesn't get his game on track by the playoffs - this team is toast. Samsonov cannot be our playoff starter.

• Wow
Reactions: PromisedLand

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Wasn’t even a bad effort. One team has competent coach and a goalie that actually made saves.

Keefe and Woll should go back to the AHL.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Jen Boetril is having a conniption fit about all the hits and fights
She was visibly upset in the first intermission after they talked about the Rangers / Devils line brawl. Like red in the face upset. I understand her perspective, but this is what the league is. Maybe she should cover a different league?

I disagree with most of her takes when it comes to physicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad