Keeping Players Around Because "They're Nice Guys"

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
McDavid seems to get along with everyone. Hell he was fine with that piece of shit Manning joining the team.

Next gm needs to sit down with him and tell him we got 3 or 4 guys viewed as untouchable rest need to be moved to win a cup.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
This thread is the epitome of RNH. Gets the feee pass year after year and here we are over 25 posts in and not a single mention. 2 goals in his last 20 playoff games playing with one of McDrai.

But all those secondary pp assists, LMFAO

Reactions: Tarus

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The lack of seriousness in how this org is run has always started at the top. Katz hiring friends who hire friends.

Letting your top guys keep buddies around is also a pitiful last ditch effort way to try to get those top guys to stick around. You make sure they know they are succeeding and failing because of how they wanted buddies around. You can try to make them feel culpibile in the lack of success and hope it helps they feel guilty enough to extend here, because we lack the management skill to properly build a team. It also lets Holland off the hook from having to actually do work and take risks that could make him look even worse.

Last edited:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Holland with the Brown situation is just wrong. Bad wtf wrong.

Given a contract because he is McDavid’s friend. Never eveualted with his injury and given the proper ahl conditioning stint. When clearly failing not using the contract condition that should have been. And then double down on stupid to continue to pay a player with the worst stats in the league, or close enough to it...

Don't think being nice is the problem so much as just gross incompetence. But yes, Holland goes stupid/loyal in opposition of just doing what makes a good hockey team.

Ditto Nurse contract.

Both because they are friends with McDavid?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Just feels like theres no one pulling the team together to me.

I am sure its locker room full of good guys who get along.

Just reminds me of a workplace where everyone gets along but you aren’t really close or friends with anyone. Just acquaintances.

Doesn’t really matter who the players are but the bottom 6 doesn’t produce. I don’t think they feel part of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad