LD Denton Mateychuk - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2022, 12th, CBJ)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Man the hype this guy would get if he were drafted to a more popular team. This year its like hes combined the exciting rush offensive guy with the better defensive guy from last year and been playing at another level from other defenders in the WHL. I think he had a bit of a learning curve taking over as captain and losing Hunt last year but hes so fun to watch this year. Now that they have Savoie the trio of Savoie-Firkus-Mateychuk look unfair in most games

Last edited:

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Werenski and Mateychuk on the left side, Severson and Jiricek on the right side. That should be a pretty good top 4 going forward.

Adding another top forward with high pick this summer. Surely they stop sucking at some point, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Cowumbus

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
Werenski and Mateychuk on the left side, Severson and Jiricek on the right side. That should be a pretty good top 4 going forward.

Adding another top forward with high pick this summer. Surely they stop sucking at some point, right?
That….would be nice.

Nobody is holding their breath though lol

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would say his play tailed off a little in the last couple of games against Saskatoon which is likely to be a fatigue issue. He's constantly on the ice and is so adept at making the right play that it's hard to argue with the Warriors throwing him out there as much as they do. Of their collection of drafted talent, he's been far and away the best of the group.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I remain endlessly impressed by this kid’s poise and professionalism and ability to eat minutes.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Theyre both lefties and played in the WHL. The comparisons are endless

So are hockey cliches. My comment was in jest, guy I was quoting just gave him the most bland description possible.

Actually live in MJ and catch a ton of games so I know what Denton is and what he will likely turn out to be at the next level.

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Named MVP of the WHL playoffs, and deservedly so.

The reigning WHL Defenceman of the Year finished second in postseason points with 11 goals (including two game-winners) and 19 assists for 30 points and a +18 rating in 20 postseason matches.

Those two CBJ fans on this board should be proud! :sarcasm::laugh::laugh:
I count more than that on this page alone. 😉

Mateychuk sure gives CBJ fans something to look forward to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad