Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Matthew Knies to ELC (3 years, $925k AAV)

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Kerfoot has been an absolute non-factor this series.

Sit him for Bunting when he comes back.

Jarnkrok-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Tavares-Nylander
Knies-O’Reilly-Acciari
ZAR-Kampf-Lafferty
/Kerfoot

No way should Knies be out of the lineup.
Maybe switch Bunting with Knies. Bunting on the 3rd line would be more effective I think.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Really depends where he slots into the lineup. Does he get to play with Matthews/Marner or Nylander/Tavares on the top 2 lines?

Or does he get slotted into 3rd line duty?

Reactions: Sypher04

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Just beginning. Kid was really impressive under playoff pressure. Bennett better be answering for that sleazy takedown all season long.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Mercer had 42 in 82 with minimal pp time while moving up and down throughout the line up his rookie year.

I think Knies is fully capable of that right now. Anything more is a bonus.
Mercer did that in his D+2 vs Knies who will be in his D+3 and likely has better linemates and more PP time

Think he breaks 50+ pts this year. 55 is my bet

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Mercer did that in his D+2 vs Knies who will be in his D+3 and likely has better linemates and more PP time

Think he breaks 50+ pts this year. 55 is my bet
I definitely think hes capable of more, but if he puts up at least 0.5ppg while not receiving much PP time and providing good defence I don't think anyone could complain with that type of rookie season.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Love how he got a taste of playoff hockey to finish off the year. Unfortunate how his season ended but regardless is a massive boost in his development knowing what to expect at the NHL level.

Reactions: arso40 and andora

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
What are we expecting from Knies next year?

Starting lineup? Points?

He's a lock for the lineup game 1. I think 45ish points could be a good number. A big favor will be usage - which at the moment is an unknown. Keefe may opt to play him on the third line to spread out some depth

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
IMO, not if he isn't on either of the top 2 lines.

As of now I see our top 6 without Knies with Domi and Bertuzzi playing ahead of him.

As they should for now.

I don't want to see him rushed into the top 6, let the kid get some experience on the 3rd line with Jarnkrok, besides it's not like Jarnkrok is an offensive black hole, the guy scored 20 goals last year, I don't see any reason Knies can't do the same even if he were on the 3rd line all year, I don't think he's going to be though.

20-20 40 points seems realistic even on the 3rd line.

Reactions: Racer88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad