OT: Lets Go Birds! (All Baseball Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm not really a baseball fan and when I am, I cheer for the Mets, not the Cardinals (yeah I know, boo me lol) but from the outside looking, this is wild.

John Mozliak is seemingly Teflon. He's got puppet manager after puppet manager and nobody seems to question him in the organizational level. Amazing.

Reactions: Reality Czech

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not really a baseball fan and when I am, I cheer for the Mets, not the Cardinals (yeah I know, boo me lol) but from the outside looking, this is wild.

John Mozliak is seemingly Teflon. He's got puppet manager after puppet manager and nobody seems to question him in the organizational level. Amazing.
Mozliak is a bum who should have been fired years ago, instead he got promoted. Guy has better job security than a SC Judge.

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
If they're hiring from within it should be Oquendo's job to lose, but he had knee surgery a few years ago and took a role within the organization in FL. I don't know if he's still interested in the 162 game grind that comes with the position.

Otherwise Stubby Clapp deserves a shot. Maybe I'm overvaluing his time as manager of the Redbirds, but he completely turned them around. Under his tenure they had their best 2 seasons in franchise history and won back to back championships before reverting to mediocrity once he was promoted to 1st base coach with the Cardinals.
1ADzbQa.jpeg

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
A source close to the organization indicated that fallout between Mozeliak and Shildt began to take place midway through the season, when the Cardinals’ current roster began to crumble due to a combination of injuries and underperformance. Another league source also hinted that the front office’s initial refusal to bolster a failing roster played a role in the growing disconnect.

Mo needs to go next

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
There was also a rift between the hitting coach and Schildt. And I think it was Edman said that they were going into games unprepared, and DeJong(?) was contacting other people for advice when it came to hitting.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I really want to hear Schildt's side of the story (rumored to be taking about it tomorrow). And I want to see who they are looking at for the managers spot.

Reactions: eibyyz

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Apparently Nootbaar is in the process of trademarking his name and creating a Healthy candy bar for athletes.

Oh and he's leading the AFL in home runs currently.

Reactions: eibyyz

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway

If this is true he'll be the youngest active MLB manager. He has managed Johnson City and Palm Beach in the organization. Hopefully he does well, but this is disappointing.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I know very little about him. I can’t imagine too much will change considering he was second in command the past couple years. I guess we’ll just wait and see.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

If this is true he'll be the youngest active MLB manager. He has managed Johnson City and Palm Beach in the organization. Hopefully he does well, but this is disappointing.

rofl this is a joke, fire Mo pls

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Yadi and Waino are no slouches defensively, Carlson too.

We just need a SS

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Yadi and Waino are no slouches defensively, Carlson too.

We just need a SS
I've been looking beyond those two cornerstones cuz the Cards are gonna need help in a bad way. But Yadi and Waino have something like 10 GGs between them, soooo.....yeah.

The Cardinals need a good, young catcher who can hit MLB pitching ASAP. Knizner is just the latest Cards back-up catcher who can't hit. Molina needs a successor.

Pitching is the one thing that I rarely have concerns about.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
I've been looking beyond those two cornerstones cuz the Cards are gonna need help in a bad way. But Yadi and Waino have something like 10 GGs between them, soooo.....yeah.

The Cardinals need a good, young catcher who can hit MLB pitching ASAP. Knizner is just the latest Cards back-up catcher who can't hit. Molina needs a successor.

Pitching is the one thing that I rarely have concerns about.
Ivan Herrera is their apparent successor for Yadi. So we’ll see how that goes

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
We’ve all seen Tommy Edman and Kolten Wong play plenty of second base. Tommy is a very good defensive second baseman, but Wong is clearly better and definitely deserved the Gold Glove over Edman.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
We’ve all seen Tommy Edman and Kolten Wong play plenty of second base. Tommy is a very good defensive second baseman, but Wong is clearly better and definitely deserved the Gold Glove over Edman.
Wouldn't surprise me if a big part of it was Edman playing over 40 games more than Wong. But, I'm not sure how it all comes to play with these baseball awards.

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
24 Gold Gloves, 29 All Star appearances, 5 Cy Young award finalists, and 7 World Series rings combined on the roster.

Probably the most star studded Cardinal team of all time.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
24 Gold Gloves, 29 All Star appearances, 5 Cy Young award finalists, and 7 World Series rings combined on the roster.

Probably the most star studded Cardinal team of all time.
Eh, if you're looking at end results (i.e., not at the time), the 05 Cardinals had 32 Gold Gloves, 54 All Star appearances, 9 CY Young finalists, 14 Silver Sluggers, 2 Rookies of the Year (didn't look at finalists), and 4 MVPs (again, didn't look at finalists). I didn't count the number of rings but it's more than 7.

Admittedly I'm cheating a little because Waino was hurt much of the year, but even still.

Of course, I imagine that this team has a handful of people (O'Neill, Bader, Carlson, Arenado, Edman, Goldschmidt, Flaherty) who will continue to win awards

Reactions: Ridge1982
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad