London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Why not appeal the Sim suspension? Try this out...
"With all due respect Mr. Commissioner, I had a teammate, Gazizov, ask me during a stoppage, 'Can you name one Russian metal band?', and I replied, 'p***y Riot, and regrettably the official only heard half of what I said... Honest, sir.'"

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Dinocio didn’t want to be a tough guy all series and then he decided to try and act tough and go at Cowan in the handshake line when there was 2 linesman between them.

I could be wrong, but it looked like Cowan was asking him why he wouldn’t shake his hand. If I saw that correct, just adds to the really classy things we have seen from that organization this series.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Congratulations on winning the series. No excuses you guys came up big when it counted. No more ass kissing but you better win the next series so we have a great chance of an OHL Team winning the Memorial Cup. Not to mention a chance for redemption

strykerman

Sep 1, 2012
Posted this on Saginaw board... If Branch is smart...he would want Knights in the Mem Cup... It then would be a sellout and There would be more Knights fans than Saginaw fans when the 2 teams meet in the tourney....

Posted this on Saginaw board... If Branch is smart...he would want Knights in the Mem Cup... It then would be a sellout and There would be more Knights fans than Saginaw fans when the 2 teams meet in the tourney....

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Dinocio didn’t want to be a tough guy all series and then he decided to try and act tough and go at Cowan in the handshake line when there was 2 linesman between them.

I could be wrong, but it looked like Cowan was asking him why he wouldn’t shake his hand. If I saw that correct, just adds to the really classy things we have seen from that organization this series.
I noticed a Saginaw player was being restrained by an official and pushed away from the handshake line.
Couldn’t really tell why during the broadcast.
Fitting way for this series to end I guess.

Great performance today. Knights pretty much stuck to hockey and kept their focus. Cowan was dangerous out there. O’Reilly’s role keeps growing… Dale’s trust in him keeps getting stronger. George and Edward were outstanding on the backend !

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I could have sworn the ohl finals were local broadcast for us last year.
It was TSN for games 3-6 with Marc Methot saying “Ethan” Cowan each game.

Does anyone have a link to the OHL describing the reasoning for the Sim and Lawrence suspensions? If what I’ve heard is true regarding Sim’s suspension, that seems very dumb.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Cmon on now....Sawyer was a pick up ;)
As was Simpson early on.....just like Diaco last year, early recognition of needs.
And Halt was signed up just before season.
All 3 played a role in this season, on differing levels lol.

Kasper Halttunen was drafted in the import draft in 2022 and signed last summer so I would not count that as an add.​

Edit, why was this post in bold....odd.

It was TSN for games 3-6 with Marc Methot saying “Ethan” Cowan each game.

Does anyone have a link to the OHL describing the reasoning for the Sim and Lawrence suspensions? If what I’ve heard is true regarding Sim’s suspension, that seems very dumb.
Yesssssssssss......hahahaha I remember that now.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
How powerful is this 2023-24 London Knights team?

They held the league second overall team, Saginaw, to only one victory in their very own buiding, that building where the Memorial Cup Tourney will be played in about 2 weeks

Reactions: LDN and OHLfan200

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Hopefully not somebody who loves you.

I hear it often as it's Patrick Wisdoms walkup song. Thankfully nobody has Sweet Caroline, I was at Fenway for three games last week and I was the only one in my seat for that song

Did you post this on the Soo board? That's where the biggest offender was from

That doesn’t surprise me. Hopefully some of these guys get banned, they’re making us all look bad. 🙄

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
In print now.

The Knights wanted to add context to the circumstances surrounding Landon Sim’s five-game suspension for using a word to imply Saginaw captain Braden Hache was a ‘soft’ player in the second period of Game 5 Friday.

OHL commissioner David Branch said Saturday Sim’s comment contravened the league’s diversity, maltreatment and bullying policy. However, London contends the Blues prospect was spurred by a Hache threat that went unpunished by the league.

“Hache said to Landon Sim that he was going to injure his shoulder and there’s history on that there,” Knights associate GM Rob Simpson said. “The last time Landon hurt his shoulder, it was Hache who actually hit him. He went to him and said I’m going to injure your shoulder again. Landon came back and said a word he shouldn’t have – implying (Hache) is soft and you’re not going to do that.”

The Knights contend Hache, whose father Conrad is the OHL’s referee-in-chief, went over to one of the officials and started talking to him right away about the incident.

“That’s how that unfolded,” Simpson said. “There was nothing racial (or homophobic) said. The word is part of the (OHL’s) policy and it gets said on the ice consistently and unfortunately. You have one player saying he’s going to attempt to injure another player and the other one using a word he shouldn’t that implies (Hache) is soft.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
In print now.

The Knights wanted to add context to the circumstances surrounding Landon Sim’s five-game suspension for using a word to imply Saginaw captain Braden Hache was a ‘soft’ player in the second period of Game 5 Friday.

OHL commissioner David Branch said Saturday Sim’s comment contravened the league’s diversity, maltreatment and bullying policy. However, London contends the Blues prospect was spurred by a Hache threat that went unpunished by the league.

“Hache said to Landon Sim that he was going to injure his shoulder and there’s history on that there,” Knights associate GM Rob Simpson said. “The last time Landon hurt his shoulder, it was Hache who actually hit him. He went to him and said I’m going to injure your shoulder again. Landon came back and said a word he shouldn’t have – implying (Hache) is soft and you’re not going to do that.”

The Knights contend Hache, whose father Conrad is the OHL’s referee-in-chief, went over to one of the officials and started talking to him right away about the incident.

“That’s how that unfolded,” Simpson said. “There was nothing racial (or homophobic) said. The word is part of the (OHL’s) policy and it gets said on the ice consistently and unfortunately. You have one player saying he’s going to attempt to injure another player and the other one using a word he shouldn’t that implies (Hache) is soft.
Serously, Hache did that? If so, what a slmy little weasel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace and rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Kasper Halttunen was drafted in the import draft in 2022 and signed last summer so I would not count that as an add.​

Edit, why was this post in bold....odd.

Yesssssssssss......hahahaha I remember that now.
He was an addition just before season started and most here were unsure if he would be here. ( if he was signed and gauranteed in the summer as you say i apologize but not my recollection)
Had to let pro camps play out, and then negotiate ( pro team, agent, Euro option.....) as he had options. Count it as you choose and I'll do the same ;)

When was he signed up n rostered? Summer or fall?

EDIT......August. so a late addition in my books, my bad. It still needed to play out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad