London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
If it wasn't obvious already but I don't think Halttunen will be back next year this playoffs he's really shown he can play at the next level but what a treat it has been to watch him this year. We are truly spoiled here

Last edited:

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Definitely thinking Halttunen and Cowan are playing their last games, really jumped up in development. If they didn’t get the exposure of playing in London on a long run both would be back.

Now looking like:

Barkey Julien (OA) O’Rielly
Nicholl Sim (OA) (Import)
Sim VanGorp Boulton
Arrowsmith Hawery Bidgood

Dickinson Bonk
Brzustewicz Woolley
Jenken Ustinkov
Mitchell Fagan

Willmore (OA)
Medvedev

Out:
Leonard (Should get a 2nd)
Boulton
Van Bommel
Johnston
You think Cowan makes the Leafs? Idk if he's ready for full time NHL minutes. Depending on who drafts Dickinson he might not be back ethier

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Haltunen being drafted from Finland is also AHL eligible so I agree even if he doesn’t crack the NHL roster he can play in the AHL where he probably should be. Next year could be a bumper year for a team like London who could really benifit from the NHL or back to Junior rule the CHL has. I personally think it’s wrong as kids like Bonk, Cowan, Dickenson imo belong in the AHL for there development. But it is what it is and could prove a major score for London. Fingers crossed but loving this current Knights team while we have them!!
Thanks for clarifying the rule about Imports being drafted. I thought that was the rule. If they are drafted out of their country they can report to AHL a year early and if they are drafted from the OHL club same rules apply.

I like the CHL rule as it gives them more time to put their game together before playing will men. There's a big difference from the OHL and the pros. These kids are still growing.

Truth be told, that win last night had to be much more devastating than another loss like the first two games.

Almost unfair.
You have to feel for those kids....especially Oster.

Reactions: EvenSteven and LDN

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
I think he may make the leafs similar to Matt poitras making the bruins, good depth player (right now in their careers, future stars in the making) on a cheap contract.
That's the only way I see it happening. If he plays and is doing a great job he's a player playing with a discounted price tag.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Another look at the Oshawa Generals 3rd period

Attachments

• Resized_20240514_120715.jpg
    Resized_20240514_120715.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 2

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Article on Dickinson. Compared to Ekblad. Ekblad made the nhl as an 18 year old. Dickinson had more points- better team but still more points.

Looking at the teams in order I think he goes #6 to Utah or #8 to Seattle assuming Levshunov goes #4 to Columbus

Mem cup could raise his rankings though same with Parekh on Saginaw (assuming London doesn’t lose 4 straight here lol)

Reactions: nelli27 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks for clarifying the rule about Imports being drafted. I thought that was the rule. If they are drafted out of their country they can report to AHL a year early and if they are drafted from the OHL club same rules apply.

I like the CHL rule as it gives them more time to put their game together before playing will men. There's a big difference from the OHL and the pros. These kids are still growing.

Halts needs some AHL seasoning for sure

Article on Dickinson. Compared to Ekblad. Ekblad made the nhl as an 18 year old. Dickinson had more points- better team but still more points.

Looking at the teams in order I think he goes #6 to Utah or #8 to Seattle assuming Levshunov goes #4 to Columbus

Mem cup could raise his rankings though same with Parekh on Saginaw (assuming London doesn’t lose 4 straight here lol)
I think Dickinson is back next year

And another look at the Oshawa Generals…..View attachment 870661
Savage!

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Best comment from the Hockey News article?

They better get ready to hand out 20 suspensions a game
I especially love how they report Hache went over and told Monette what Sim said.
"Uncle Joe, that mean boy called me a P****. Do something or my daddy will fire you!"
Sure, they recused Hache Sr. for the playoffs. Does that mean he's still not their boss? Look at the difference in the way the games were called against the Spirit, and now the Generals. Night and day difference

Last edited:

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
My opinion, Cowan is not back. Leafs need his energy and cheap contract in their lineup.
Haltunnen and Gaz likely gone as well. I could see Edward back as an OA, otherwise Leonard would be a good option. Very surprised if Dickinson isn't returned.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

The fans too. Imagine being in the building. You’re back in the series. A ton of confidence, and then in comes a swift kick in the groin.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Live look at Derek Laxdal during practice today

According to coach Lax-a-dasical-dal the refs stole that game from Oshawa, it wasn't any of his coaching decision in the third, or poor play from his team....it was all the refs. How many times do we have to hear the same soundtrack from an opposing coach after a Knights win..."The refs stole the game", or "They dive all over the place", or "The league condones their antics", yada, yada, yada. Just once it would be refreshing to hear an opposing coach admit that they were outcoached and outclassed. Give Hunter his due.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Always external factors that lead to a loss right? Not coaching, not poor decisions, not poor goaltending. Nope, just excuses. Face it Laxative-dal, you got embarrassed the 1st 2 games of this series and outcoached in the 3rd period last night. Come out and take your lumps and stop making pathetic excuses. Every team has to fight through bad calls. Every team! The ones that can rise above come out winners, and you, kind sir, sound like a desperate loser with your comments right now. Robbed of an opportunity? Sheesh. You had plenty of opportunity with a 4 goal lead in the 3rd period but Ya Blew It!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Actually I think it’s a bit of a clever move by the Oshawa Coach quite frankly. He has a pretty young team that clearly people are expecting to do big things the next year or two. The huge blowouts and now a massive blown lead could impact these youngsters next year when the playoffs roll around. Blaming the ref and ultimately deflecting criticism from him and his team is probably a solid move for the future. IMO anyway of course it has virtually no merit in reality but the young kids can leave feeling that they were cheated and not humiliated and completely embarrassed. Let’s face facts I’m sure they are hopeful for a rematch vs London next year and the team psyche will be better if they feel they were cheated. ?

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Actually I think it’s a bit of a clever move by the Oshawa Coach quite frankly. He has a pretty young team that clearly people are expecting to do big things the next year or two. The huge blowouts and now a massive blown lead could impact these youngsters next year when the playoffs roll around. Blaming the ref and ultimately deflecting criticism from him and his team is probably a solid move for the future. IMO anyway of course it has virtually no merit in reality but the young kids can leave feeling that they were cheated and not humiliated and completely embarrassed. Let’s face facts I’m sure they are hopeful for a rematch vs London next year and the team psyche will be better if they feel they were cheated. ?
actually, given the potential we are seeing in the Generals, it's not that far fetched we could see a rematch. but things are too up in the air with the Knights for next year at this point.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Always external factors that lead to a loss right? Not coaching, not poor decisions, not poor goaltending. Nope, just excuses. Face it Laxative-dal, you got embarrassed the 1st 2 games of this series and outcoached in the 3rd period last night. Come out and take your lumps and stop making pathetic excuses. Every team has to fight through bad calls. Every team! The ones that can rise above come out winners, and you, kind sir, sound like a desperate loser with your comments right now. Robbed of an opportunity? Sheesh. You had plenty of opportunity with a 4 goal lead in the 3rd period but Ya Blew It!

I’m curious as to the specific plays or incidents where you feel Laxdal Was so badly out coached by Hunter last night.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
FYI I believe the only league that mandates NHL or back to there league is the CHL. NCAA, Europe, US Junior etc all allow a drafted player to play wherever they choose to basically once drafted?
Do you think this rule hinders player recruitment for the CHL teams?

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I’m curious as to the specific plays or incidents where you feel Laxdal Was so badly out coached by Hunter last night.
The entire 3rd period. No adjustments made to protect a 4 goal lead. Nuff said. Relying too much on your tired veteran players to carry thr load when you have a couple of young guys riding the pine. LK was down most of the game but kept throwing their 4th line out threre as boneheaded as the brothers can be. No excuses.

Reactions: TheCoach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad