Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Igor "Rempe"

Votes: 33 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Did anyone else feel like that was near the most boring playoff games they've ever watched?

Don't get me wrong, the Rangers abused the Caps. But this is going to be a long series to watch, even if it only goes 4, if that's all the Caps can muster.
Caps aren't an exciting team and they try to make sure the other team isnt exciting either. It was never going to be a pretty series, but it's obviously there for the taking

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Because, unfortunately, it works for them to an extent.

The fact that the third goal was even discussed is absolutely hilarious. They also started calling the Rangers tight on faceoffs the moment we went up 3-0.

Good on the Rangers for putting up with that shit and working through it. They dominated.
eh they were calling the caps on the faceoffs too and they were v. mad about it

Reactions: egelband

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Rangers won that game easily and I don’t think they played all that great. At least with the puck. Defensively they were excellent, caps have no speed so the rangers biggest weakness is going to be hard to exploit. 4th line was fantastic.
Seriously every time the Caps entered the zone I thought it was offsides because they were moving so slowly.

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
Really not sure what the Caps were whining about at the buzzer?

Rempe scoring the first goal on the 2024 playoffs for the Presidents’ Trophy winning Rangers. Go back to his draft day and picture that being a thing that happened just a couple years later lol.
He's a weapon. To the NHL, to teams.

The Refs too. Penalizing him for being tall. He'll force some issues here.

Reactions: egelband

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
It was better than the isles/canes.

It’s the talent gap, the refs trying to slow the game down somewhat so the caps can stay close. We get into a rhythm and they don’t have an answer

I thought the Isles Canes game was at least entertaining. The Isles gave them all they could handle, especially when gifted a powerplay goal that should have been called a dive 1 minute into the game.

This was simply not that entertaining. To steal from prior announcers, it felt very "academic." The outcome was pretty much never in doubt.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
in terms of xGF, the Trocheck line, Wennberg line, Goodrow line, and Fox Pair were all at least 58% or better.

Top on the night was Kakko, who finished at 93.75%.

If we're being real, Kakko and Laf were probably our best forwards.

The only guys I really had beef with in this game were Kreider and Cuylle (Zib to a lesser extent but he did good things along with the ass things) and Kreider scored lol

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Missed the game (on vacation) but was following the score. So team looked pretty good today?

Saw Rempe got a goal which made me chuckle a bit. How was it?
From this game the actual only thing that I am worried about at all this series is Wilson trying to injure someone. He took several runs at Mika with relatively late hits that went uncalled and basically kept trying to p***y foot around starting stuff after every whistle. Threw some punches with his gloves on late in the game.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Caps fans claiming we scored two goals on penalties we got away with. True?

I assume they mean the the 3rd goal, but not sure what Rempe is expected to do. Guy tried to run through him to get to the puck. Maybe interference? But we'd see 12 powerplays per team if they called it that close.

No idea what other goal they might mean, though. Sounds like they are looking for excuses after being clowned.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Caps fans claiming we scored two goals on penalties we got away with. True?

Nah

The Laf hit was shoulder to shoulder and the guy even tried to brace for it. you gotta expect contact that and if you're leaning forward off balance and then bracing to take the hit it'snot gonna always work out good

on the vesey goal who knows, incidental contact for the most part and I"m gonna be all playoff posting and say Carlsson was trying to sell it

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I thought the Isles Canes game was at least entertaining. The Isles gave them all they could handle, especially when gifted a powerplay goal that should have been called a dive 1 minute into the game.

This was simply not that entertaining. To steal from prior announcers, it felt very "academic." The outcome was pretty much never in doubt.
That’s not necessarily good hockey though. The islanders don’t play clean hockey. The canes are frantic but can play clean.
Also please note I’m not talking about penalties, I’m talking connecting passes, I’m talking about moving with the puck and cycling properly, or hitting seam passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad