Recalled/Assigned: Lukas Reichel to Taxi Squad

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I thought he looked great last night. "Spry" would be the word - when the puck hit his stick, I found he looked shot out of a cannon when he made his first move.

He had some Kirby Dach-itis where he was afraid to shoot the puck and always looked to defer to pass, specifically when generating with Kane. Not sure what is is about our young guys recently and being gunshy to shoot...

If he can be more assertive in that front (same as Dach) he could be special.

sort of been the theme for young players that are paired with kane even going back to panarin...his second year he was deferring a lot and it was probably good for his development to move to a new team where he was the guy...as far as kirby vs reichel, lukas seems to have another gear that dach doesn't have, and lukas seems to have better puck skills

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
sort of been the theme for young players that are paired with kane even going back to panarin...his second year he was deferring a lot and it was probably good for his development to move to a new team where he was the guy...as far as kirby vs reichel, lukas seems to have another gear that dach doesn't have, and lukas seems to have better puck skills
Yet, I don't remeber who, it was a couple of people but heavily 1 person who was adamant Q was ruining Debrincat his rookie year because he played away from Kane, not on the 1st pp until for like only 20 games, and with Sharp and AA too much. (Though Toews was Cats 2nd most common teammate after sharp)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
318B4389-EC1A-4EA8-824B-93E0CFD1B7BD.jpeg

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I doubt they demote Reichel any time soon. This team has so little speed that it's hard to justify not playing him right now.

Reactions: teddygmr

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Overall, I'm pleased with his first couple games. However, he looks lost without the puck and seems to always being skating away from it. Signs of a lack of confidence, which is expected for a young kid playing his first two games on essentially a first line.

Question is how to develop that confidence. Keep him up until he figures it out or send him back down now? Hopefully he finds his rhythm next game and they send him down on a high note? Then bring him up again after a handful of games.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It's pretty evident he's no Dawson Mercer.

But hey, it's not like anyone expected that...

oh wait!

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Considering Musto's prior draft history, I wouldn't be surprised if Mercer doesn't amount to much in the future.
My record is impeccable.

It's not my fault that Chicago is squandering Kirby's development right now. Any other team in the league, and Kirby would be thriving right now.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Joker over mitchell
Ian Mitchell is absolutely better.

Keep in mind, Jokiharju was BPA on my board when the Hawks were drafting. I was very happy with that pick.

But he's a very bland and average player.

Ian's talent level is far higher, and if he was in the different organization it would have been realized by now.

Jokiharju is doing fine in Buffalo now. If he was still with the Hawks, you'd all hate him.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Ian Mitchell is absolutely better.

Keep in mind, Jokiharju was BPA on my board when the Hawks were drafting. I was very happy with that pick.

But he's a very bland and average player.

Ian's talent level is far higher, and if he was in the different organization it would have been realized by now.

Jokiharju is doing fine in Buffalo now. If he was still with the Hawks, you'd all hate him.
Moving goalposts bro

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
My record is impeccable.

It's not my fault that Chicago is squandering Kirby's development right now. Any other team in the league, and Kirby would be thriving right now.
Dach has progressed…
2019-20 64gp 8g 15a 23pts
2020-21/2021-22 54gp 8g 16a 24pts
Sandwiched by a 6pt in 9gp bubble playoff
That’s progress…
Joe Thornton had 8pts in 55gp, then 41pts in 82gp the next season…

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Dach has progressed…
2019-20 64gp 8g 15a 23pts
2020-21/2021-22 54gp 8g 16a 24pts
Sandwiched by a 6pt in 9gp bubble playoff
That’s progress…
Joe Thornton had 8pts in 55gp, then 41pts in 82gp the next season…

Compare their respective ages and ice time. 21 year old season, Jumbo scored PPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad