Recalled/Assigned: Lukas Reichel

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Bumping thread, what's the overview on his development over the last 10-15 games? I see a very fast & crisp skater who handles the puck extremely well (especially on rushes into the O zone) and also plants himself near the net on occasion. I'm not sure about his forechecking in the D zone or his D in general yet. But his upside to me looks top 3, not top 6.
He's not a physical player but he uses his speed and smarts to make plays defensively. Offensively I think he can be a 25/45 guy.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
seems like a sure fire 20/30 guy as a base case, high floor with an interesting ceiling, could easily see him being near ppg in his peak years, Davidson did him well by forcing him to develop in Rockford because hes looked like a different player versus earlier call ups

Reactions: Muffinalt

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I've seen Reichel get 2 deflection goals by going to the front of the net. Unlike some of the younger players we've had here over the years who always shy'd away in that department. He may not be physical but he's not exactly soft to me either from what I've seen so far.
He’ll likely become a bit more physical over the years. He’s only about to turn 21 next month, still plenty of filling out for him to do.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
NHL career as 3rd liner if he doesn't get more effective.

Better line mates in the future helps him but I don't see him as core guy.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What I particularly like about his game is that he uses his speed to go through the middle of the ice and not contestably going wide. Not many guys willing to rush it up the gut anymore.
Yep. He plays like Schmaltz that isn't afraid of danger areas. I don't think he'll ever be THE guy but he can definitely be one of your best forwards with what I've seen.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
huge jump this year. honestly didnt see it coming. It looks like we have a piece!

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The improvement in Reichel's game, especially over the past few weeks, is there to see. I like the way Musto phrased it - he is A piece, just not THE piece. And I'm good with that.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Idk. I’ve got him a tier under sharp. Sharp was a damn good defensive forward while also scoring the way he did. Don’t expect him to have that total impact.

Reactions: Pertti

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Idk. I’ve got him a tier under sharp. Sharp was a damn good defensive forward while also scoring the way he did. Don’t expect him to have that total impact.
Sharpie also had a little bit of a mean streak to his game that I don’t see in Reichel. I hope he develops it though

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Sharp could handle himself and was a top 2 way forward. Reichel will be a fine 2nd line player in time.....not unhappy with this "reach" pick.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Sharp could handle himself and was a top 2 way forward. Reichel will be a fine 2nd line player in time.....not unhappy with this "reach" pick.
He wasn't a reach. I had him #20 on my board.

He just wasn't Dawson Mercer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad