M. Frost vs J. Farabee

Which player do you expect to have the bigger impact over the next 5 years?

• Total voters

Hahahax

Apr 2, 2018
Hey!

I did a similar poll on here between Sanheim and Patrick a couple months ago and your fan base was one of the most helpful so here I am again with a new poll! I could post this in the poll section, but I'd rather have the opinion of fans who see them play a lot than the opinion of randoms.

So here we go: Which player do you expect to have the bigger impact over the next 5 years?

Thanks a lot for your input!

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I voted Farabee. Even though he’s younger, I think he will benefit from more top 6 ice time than Frost.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Farabee seems like the type of player who could play on any line and succeed. He could be a lot like Lindblom in a couple years. Frost is more dynamic and probably will be the more exciting player.
I voted Farabee because I expect him to be the more consistent player of the two.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost lacks the instincts and body control of Giroux, Brink is closer.
Frost is more of an undersized speed center, and he should be an offensive force.

Farabee is going to be the better player because he has the high IQ of elite players, once he fills out he'll be able to use his skill package at both ends of the ice..

Reactions: lancer247

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Couts ain't dynamic, he just gets the job done. Same with Stone.

For someone who talks about size, I think Farabee is lacking “something” compared to Couturier and Stone. It might just be 4 inches and 50 pounds. They’re also arguably the best 200ft center and winger in the league. You might as well compare Frost to Point, by that measure.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
For someone who talks about size, I think Farabee is lacking “something” compared to Couturier and Stone. It might just be 4 inches and 50 pounds. They’re also arguably the best 200ft center and winger in the league. You might as well compare Frost to Point, by that measure.
Yeah, I don’t see the Coots/Farabee comparison.

Reactions: Striiker

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Voted frost. Think he may have the higher ceiling. Really like farabee. Really hope these two get to play together like g and voracek. Although Patrick would probably be fun with farabee too.

Edit. Was just thinking.

G - coots - voracek
Farabee- Patrick - tk
Linblom - Frost - Hayes/???

As the top 9 in the future.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Farabee is 20, he should fill out the next few years and end up something like 6'1 190+.

My comparison is style, really smart players often don't look dynamic because instead of furiously skating to make a play, they're already at the right spot. Some players have the knack of anticipating the play and being in position to disrupt on defense or make something happen on offense - and I think Farabee is one of those guys.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I like how simply being bigger = higher floor.

Frost is also someone praised for being smart and good defensively, same as Farabee. So it's not as if we're comparing some midget who can only score vs a well rounded giant.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Love watching Farabee. He's a TK in the making, and he even has some of the TK snarl!

I saw a clip today with Hayes playing keep away. Haha, gotta say, I miss seeing that.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Avoid stereotypes.

upload_2020-7-25_21-36-20.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad