Injury Report: Man-Games Lost - 2013 Official Injury Thread (The Colaiacovo Report)

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Pretty much if nobody gets hurt tomorrow in Vancouver and Oshie comes back next game, they have to send Porter, Elliott or Allen down.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If Cole is not going to be able to crack the lineup, why not send him down to play top pairing in Peoria for a few games until rosters expand? He's still waiver exempt, right?

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Any word on Petro? Is he ready to go for tonight?

If Cole is not going to be able to crack the lineup, why not send him down to play top pairing in Peoria for a few games until rosters expand? He's still waiver exempt, right?

that would solve our problem pretty easy but I still would rather want to see Redden waived (won't be taken anyway) and Cole staying. I don't think he is "not able" to crack the line-up

Last edited:

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Its basically a bad bruise. He has been put on IR so that the Blues could bring up Cracknall. He will miss the Chicago game Thursday but he is eligible to be reactivated for the Columbus game Friday and I suspect he will be back by then.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
3 weeks, but Halak has seemed to be a slower healer than reported lengths of time out. Since this is the same injury as earlier this year, I would not be surprised if he's done for the regular season (3.5 weeks) and not ready to start the playoffs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
3 weeks, but Halak has seemed to be a slower healer than reported lengths of time out. Since this is the same injury as earlier this year, I would not be surprised if he's done for the regular season (3.5 weeks) and not ready to start the playoffs.
Agreed, he's probably done. :laugh:

Strickland says no guarantee he returns this season.

Frankly I don't even care. I'm so done with this guy. Just time for Allen to get more experience.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Comment in JR's Morning Skate:

Some rumblings are that Halak didn’t re-aggravate the injury that caused him to miss eight games earlier this season, but rather it’s a new injury in the groin.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Any updates on Halak's status or estimated return? Is it confirmed he'll miss the rest of the season?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Any updates on Halak's status or estimated return? Is it confirmed he'll miss the rest of the season?

No idea. There was a report that said 3 weeks, but Hitch has just said "don't know" any time he has been asked. He hasn't been placed on IR, but with expanded rosters who knows if we should read into that.

Hitch did say that if you go on IR now then you are "week-to-week" when asked about Oshie's return.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I don't see Hitch as that big of a fan of Halak for some reason. I feel like after last year Hitch looks at Halak like he's weak.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
It's like Halak really only plays when management tells Hitch he has to play Jaro. I mean when's the last time Jaro has played 3 consecutive games and won all of them?

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
@ the 9 min mark John Kelly reports on Halak's injury. http://101sports.com/templates/audio_player.php?type=s&a=13984

I think Halak has been coming back too soon from his injuries this season. I wouldn't mind seeing him sit an extra week or so to make he is completely healed. It's starting to annoy me, if he would have just kept himself out of the lineup before, we wouldn't be dealing with this crap during our playoff push.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad