Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

horner

May 22, 2007
I thought Oshawa would be a big challenge but they are struggling bad.

Another point for Cowan, an assist this time
Oshawa is taking a ton of dumb penalties.
You simply can't do that against London.

When you watch the Knights you noticed there is NO back passes in the dzone unlike the Leafs.

They also don't do alot of stretch passes, they play as a 5 man unit.

Dickinson did a stretch pass that is the only one I remember

horner

May 22, 2007
Easton Cowan is in that tough spot of needing to go back to the OHL next year or make the NHL, I just don't know what else he's supposed to do in Jr.

Maybe have a dominant World Jrs?
Getting stronger that is all he has left to do in junior .

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
He is a great prospect but he still has flaws that he will have to work on to make the nhl
he might make the leafsnext year or they might decide hes not ready, but 1 thing is certain, nobody here on this forum is qualified to make finite statements on prospects and what they need to work on to make the NHL.

Reactions: arso40

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm against yo-yoing guys unless it's become obvious a guy isn't ready.

If he makes the team, he's made the team out of camp.

Minten....it became obvious he wasn't ready to play in the NHL

Knies looked like he belongs, I would want a similar season for Cowan if he was on the team.

Reactions: arso40

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Is Topi going to get a shot next year? I watched very little Marlies this year

I'd say it's more likely as a first call-up situation if he's still around. It will depend on the Leafs and what they do on defense. He had a pretty good season and took some good steps forward.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I'd say it's more likely as a first call-up situation if he's still around. It will depend on the Leafs and what they do on defense. He had a pretty good season and took some good steps forward.
Sorry, what do you mean by "still around"?

It would be nice if we could add a puck mover internally

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Sorry, what do you mean by "still around"?

It would be nice if we could add a puck mover internally

Never know what kind of trade that happens in the off-season. He's a good prospect but not great or anything.

And I agree. I wish they gave him some NHL games this year when the Leafs were going through their injury bug instead of Lajoie. But I think he'll get some games next season, maybe even sneak on the opening roster if he has a great camp.

Reactions: namttebih

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
The team played it safe with Niemela and Hildeby this season. They both had a full season of big minutes with the Marlies and they were shielded from NHL action. Next season will not be that way, they will likely be the top call up on defense and in net.

Reactions: aingefan

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Never know what kind of trade that happens in the off-season. He's a good prospect but not great or anything.

And I agree. I wish they gave him some NHL games this year when the Leafs were going through their injury bug instead of Lajoie. But I think he'll get some games next season, maybe even sneak on the opening roster if he has a great camp.

Yeah, going to be interesting to see what happens with the prospects going forward.

Niemela might be one that comes back to haunt if there's no courage in Toronto.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
With Cowan, I wonder if you could tell London that if you want him back you need to play him at centre for the year.

Unless Cowan's game is much more suited to the wing. I confess I have not watched his game close enough to comment on that.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The challenge for Niemela making the Leafs, is the desire for bigger bodies. We shall see how this plays out.
Eh, I think Tre does value puck movement and skill still, he's not just all about getting lumberjacks. Kylington and Andersson were Tre draft picks (Andersson has filled out his frame more now), he traded for Weegar who is about Rielly's size, and he re-signed Gio to a 6 year deal in 2016, so he clearly still cares about actual talent. Topi is still pretty young, he needs a bit of time to fill out his frame some more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad