Player Discussion Matt Rempe - See Mod Note Post 769

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Let Rempe loose in game 1.

Then release the Chytil.

If the goal is to beat down and bully the Canes they can do that without Rempe. They’re incredibly soft and their toughest guy would be like our 6th.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Apparently Rempe broke Oshie's hand on a hit this series. TJ making sure to let everyone know how hurt he was, veteran move by him.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
"Yeah, Rempe hits a lot, but..."

FOOLS!

He doesn't just make hits:

a5879df0-2863-4460-b305-cfe4f07d5ef3_text.gif

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Rempe is far from an analytics darling. During the first round, the Rangers had only 35.23 percent of the expected goal share with him on the ice, according to Natural Stat Trick. That was worst on the team.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Really just send Rempe out there to paste Aho.

I usually don’t wish this kind of abuse of opposition players but this is an exception. Really want him to get smoked.

Let Trouba do it legally. When has he been thrown out of the game.. Rather not risk Rempe puting the team shorthanded just because it's Aho, and yes he deserves it. Let Fox drop them with Aho. I am sure Fox can handle himself

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
There is value in his being in the lineup. People say all kinds of shit even opposing players but at least most players are paying attention when he's on the ice and the few that don't like Trevor Van Riemsdyk are taking their health for granted. He's big and fights well (though he needs to get better) but the hitting forechecking game he can bring is his most valuable asset right now. Bastian, Lyubushkin, Siegenthaler, Van Riemsdyk and Oshie have all been banged up from his hits that we know of and he's not been around all that very long. He's more than capable of causing mayhem and hurt and my guess most teams would like to have him on their roster.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

rempe had the fastest skating burst last night apparently. he definitely needs to improve his agility and balance when it comes to skating, but a 6'8" guy flying at that speed on the forecheck is very unsettling to the opposition.
Matt's hockey skills are better than some people realize. His balance isn't good but he can skate and he does have some hands.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Matt's hockey skills are better than some people realize. His balance isn't good but he can skate and he does have some hands.
It's really exiting to see what he will be able to be. A guy that big normally doesn't skate that good, that alone is almost worth a 4th line spot. When gets a bit more hockey IQ in (or rather, matures as a player), he's going to have a solid career until his legs give up on him (or God forbid, his brains if he keeps fighting).

Above all, he has quickly become one of the best personalities in the league (alongside Zadorov, two tall guys who knew). I guess the bar isn't exactly high but still...

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It's really exiting to see what he will be able to be. A guy that big normally doesn't skate that good, that alone is almost worth a 4th line spot. When gets a bit more hockey IQ in (or rather, matures as a player), he's going to have a solid career until his legs give up on him (or God forbid, his brains if he keeps fighting).

Above all, he has quickly become one of the best personalities in the league (alongside Zadorov, two tall guys who knew). I guess the bar isn't exactly high but still...
I thought he made a couple of good plays inside the blueline last night. They did not pay off in part because of bad bounces but he showed some offensive intelligence and stick handling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad