Injury Report: Matthew Knies: injury report (concussion) - update (Knies seen on ice)

Is body slamming behind the play legit ?

• Yes

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • No, but fine vs Leafs

Votes: 49 73.1%

• Total voters

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

He’s been ruled out for Game 4.

He was targeted. He was a Panthers target every game he played.

And then he was concussed.

“Wow big surprise”.

E62CF1AE-87FF-4280-94F8-034A196BC049.jpeg

Source:

Future Major updates will be covered by clicking this link

Update 1: He was on ice Tuesday - [LINK]

Last edited:
Reactions: The Iceman

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Cant really blame Knies for getting mugged, but I really hope/wished the Leafs told him to pay extra attention who is on the ice and when. Certain players, especially during the playoffs, you gotta be careful getting up close and personal with them. He was looking for a clean fair physical engagement with Bennett and he got the furthest thing from that.

As soon as Knies went down I said theyre losing this series. People wanna try and down play his involvement, but I don't think we get past Tampa without him. He had the second best xGF% at 5 on 5, was on the ice for all 3 OT winners, and instantly drove and made the 3rd line a scoring threat when he was added into the line up. The 3rd line never looked the same when Keefe decided to take him off of it for some reason. Also, just seeing how the team had literally zero response for a rookie being attacked and targeted like that said it all from this team. They just dont care.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What's the report? There is nothing new here that isn't in the other thread.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
This was one of the most bizarre plays. I swear nobody, even with all those replays, nobody is talking about the right forearm to the face. I think that is where the concussion happened initially and then the slam made it worse.

Its definitely what caused the concussion imo. He basically took a sucker punch to the jaw.

Reactions: HellasLEAF

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
This was one of the most bizarre plays. I swear nobody, even with all those replays, nobody is talking about the right forearm to the face. I think that is where the concussion happened initially and then the slam made it worse.
the main boards describe it like it was an interference call on Knies

Reactions: HellasLEAF

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

Its definitely what caused the concussion imo. He basically took a sucker punch to the jaw.

Florida managed to injure Bergeron, Krejci and Pasta without anyone testing Tkachuks mouth guard. I don't get it.

Same with Leafs, that neck crosscheck messed up my spine just from watching it. If it's allowed and /or refs are ignoring it, you NEED to send someone from Panthers on LTIR. Otherwise, they will just rat their way to SC finals and your players get injured instead of pos in Florida.

Why would they change what's working? Refs are letting it go because it's playoffs and Mitch is not revenge fighting anyone.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Bunting for playing like POS, I mean sure, he Bennet and Tkachuk are "nice guys" of the ice (of course they are,they have to be, compare to on-ice, otherwise they'll be in jail ).
I blame refs, but mosty two teams unable to crosscheck one of the Panthers properly.

Than again. Florida got Gudas ready to fight anyone keeping us well withing the rulebook.

Update - Knies seen on ice May 9, 2023 by Hockey Insider Renaud Lavoie

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Have they given any update on him?
Was it confirmed a concussion or something else?

source:

However, a silver lining might be on the horizon for the Leafs. Hockey Insider Renaud Lavoie revealed on social media that Leafs forward Matthew Knies was seen on the ice on Tuesday.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
source:

However, a silver lining might be on the horizon for the Leafs. Hockey Insider Renaud Lavoie revealed on social media that Leafs forward Matthew Knies was seen on the ice on Tuesday.
I'm just pleased that this suggests the long term ramifications of his concussion won't be too severe. I don't want to see him rushed back to try to save the sinking ship and risk a more severe concussion.

horner

May 22, 2007
source:

Do it for knies should be there slogan in the dressing room.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I was especially proud of how we made him pay last game too. We showed Florida. “f*** around and find out”.

Defending champs didn't make Bunting pay... what are you supposed to do? Jump the guy? Genuine question... Obviously, take the hits if they are there, but it was a close game last game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad