NCAA: Michigan spying scandal / Harbaugh accepts remaining suspension

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

What a shame he won't be around to coach win #1000.

They weren't going to win in court on Friday, especially after winning on the field on Saturday, since that showed "irreparable damage" was not being put on the program by not having him on the sidelines, which was the legal avenue they were using to try and get the TRO. Once the TRO was punted last week to this week it was over for Harbaugh getting back in the regular season.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
So is this over then? There won't be any other "punishment" brought forth by the NCAA?

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
The actions of Michigan in agreeing to discipline and firing Partridge mark a sea of change in how the institution has viewed this investigation. Information gleaned in NCAA interviews led in part to the acceptance of the Big Ten decision and Partridge's firing, sources told ESPN.
A source told ESPN that there was no evidence tying Partridge to the sign-stealing scheme and his termination stemmed from a lack of cooperation with the NCAA investigation.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
"Uncle T" = Tom Brady? LOL
1700245268496.jpeg

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
"According to The Michigan Insider’s Sam Webb ($), Partridge, “Advised some of the players on what to say (to investigators) about their interaction with Stallions. One or more of the players told investigators (what Partridge instructed them to do)."

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
"According to The Michigan Insider’s Sam Webb ($), Partridge, “Advised some of the players on what to say (to investigators) about their interaction with Stallions. One or more of the players told investigators (what Partridge instructed them to do)."

Friggin snitches

• Haha
Reactions: eartotheground

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I never much cared for Partridge, maybe it's unfair bias, but from the way he talked to even the way he looked he kind of came across as having the worst traits of people from where he was from. He was a hire to get a stronger footing in recruiting NJ. I was disappointed when George Helow was let go and he was brought back from Ole Miss.

I still don't understand why people ever thought a B10 championship game ban was ever in the cards. It would be a terrible look for the B10 if they banned UM from Indy, and then UM beat Ohio St. and a week later Day is on the stage being handed the conference championship trophy in Indy, the game itself would mean nothing to anyone (even OSU) and the viewership would be even worse than it already will be with an undefeated UM/OSU playing Iowa.

Reactions: DaveG, GKJ and LT

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
The "due process" argument was always silly. People across all sorts of professions are suspended during/pending investigations all the time.

We literally keep people in jail while they're on trial.

This is common. Michigan acting as if it would be unprecedented is absurd. Hell, the university itself preemptively suspended Harbaugh for the first three games this season for an investigation that is still ongoing.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I never much cared for Partridge, maybe it's unfair bias, but from the way he talked to even the way he looked he kind of came across as having the worst traits of people from where he was from. He was a hire to get a stronger footing in recruiting NJ. I was disappointed when George Helow was let go and he was brought back from Ole Miss.

I still don't understand why people ever thought a B10 championship game ban was ever in the cards. It would be a terrible look for the B10 if they banned UM from Indy, and then UM beat Ohio St. and a week later Day is on the stage being handed the conference championship trophy in Indy, the game itself would mean nothing to anyone (even OSU) and the viewership would be even worse than it already will be with an undefeated UM/OSU playing Iowa.

I’ve heard through the grapevine that Partridge isn’t the greatest of people to be around.

Btw, do you know what’s going on with Clinkscale? Believe he deleted his twitter and what not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad