Post-Game Talk: Mika May

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
The one thing to me about Chytil is that he hasn’t played in a long while and he is made of glass. I am not a hater but I would only play him if he is 100% ready and up to NHL speed.
Not sure how much of an upgrade he would be at this point. Don’t want to see his career put on hold again after a dirty DeAngelo hit

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yes, and not unprecedented.

Fun fact: the 2007-08 Penguins were 28th in the league in corsi. They got somewhat better the following year, but still nothing impressive.

They went to the SCF in '08 and won the Cup in '09.

There's a legitimate argument that some teams require fewer touches to get great chances and therefore, don't build up as much quantity as teams that are still searching for goals.

And then you're ahead and everyone plays like shit when they're ahead.
Allocation between high vs mid- or mid- vs low-danger chances is not dependent on “perpetrators” in these models.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Listen, I understand the sentiment, but trust me, you want the safe spaces.

Half the shit that gets said in GDT's really shouldn't fly if we're being honest. Me, personally, and the rest of this team, we understand the emotions and we tend to let GDT's ride unless it's blatant harm-wishing.

That's why the sub-forums exist.

My advice is to not react to it, and not even read it. We don't need to get into a "yeah, but" war over what's said or done in GDT's. It's just going to lead to a crackdown on all sides.

If you wanna take your chances on the playoff forum, that's up to you. Another team's sub-forum? I wouldn't even open it.

Yeah that's generally my POV. I just don't know if there's an actual *RULE* about it. I've never seen one.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Idk why people are even going into their sub. Unless they expect a sweep, we’ll lose a game and Canes fans will be here licking our tears too.

Just for funsies.

1715033141037.png

• Haha
Reactions: Kane One

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah that's generally my POV. I just don't know if there's an actual *RULE* about it. I've never seen one.
There isn't per se, however, some immature fans thought it would be funny to go in and laugh at every post in rival/opponent subforum after their rival or opponent loses a game or something.

Thus, the reaction troll category was born.

I was a global mod during the 2014 run to the finals... so I would never actively do anything to make mods' jobs any harder. We didn't have likes/laughs back then, thank goodness.
I want to cry just thinking about that...

• Haha
Reactions: Hunter Gathers

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Fun fact: the 2007-08 Penguins were 28th in the league in corsi. They got somewhat better the following year, but still nothing impressive.

There's a legitimate argument that some teams require fewer touches to get great chances and therefore, don't build up as much quantity as teams that are still searching for goals.

Do the 2018 Caps!

Better yet, do the 2017 Caps and then the 2018 caps!

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
So Rangers win 5 playoff games in a row and look like the team to beat in the entire NHL and fans here are now saying "I have a great idea, let's change the lineup" . To make matters worse its for a guy who most of us were worrying would never play again let alone this season.

WTF people are you that bored?

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Taking out Rempe for a game or two isn't going to make or break the team. He isn't dying. He can always be put back in if we need him.
But why mess with momentum?The team hasn’t lost yet.

I’d only make a lineup change if Chytil is healthy and the team loses, even though he’s by far the better hockey player over Rempe.

Playoff wins don’t grow on trees and we have 5 of them somehow with Rempe on the roster. If im Laviolette, I’m not messing with that right now.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Kind of crazy because I feel like that 07-08 team in the first three rounds was much more impressive than the 08-09 team and the 08-09 Red Wings were much weaker for whatever reason despite adding Hossa.

God, I hated that movie so much.

I walked out. And that's impressive because I was watching at home.

I didn't like it at all either. Was really disappointed. I thought it would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad