MLD 2022 DRAFT Thread

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Bulldogs select two-time 2nd team NHL all-star right winger Vladimir Tarasenko, who has six 30+ goal seasons, four of them among the league leaders in even strength scoring (2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 9th). He also scored 11 playoff goals in a Stanley Cup winning postseason.

Last edited:

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Highlanders select

Mathieu Schneider D​

smooth-skating offensive defenseman with one of the NHL’s hardest slap shots​

and Dave Babych D​

He was a top pairing defenceman for the first 12 years of his career . An upper echelon defender in the 1980s
No one could skate faster, shoot harder, or complete a pass as prettily as Babych.
Even after his prime babych was still a massive presence in the defensive zone. He earned every dollar he made during his nearly 20 yr nhl career.

Last edited:
Reactions: VanIslander

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
It's near midnight here in East Asia where I work, so I may take a substantial amount of my clock to pick. Heck, certainly until the morn here. G'night.

Reactions: Leaf Lander

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Bulldogs select HHOF-inducted "builder" (all the hell he ever did was coach after being a cop) Pat Burns, the only 3-time Jack Adams trophy winner in NHL history, renowned for his honest, blunt, no-nonsense style that saw him reportedly punish (they had to get down and do rolls on the ice) veterans Scott Stevens and Joe Nieuwendyk for mistakes in practice, and they took it gladly, everyone respecting his authority and skill. They thereafter won the Stanley Cup.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I wholehearedly believe Art Ross is one of the top-10 greatest coaches ever (and scoff at his ATD panning... but my Bulldogs needed an "offense scores, defense defends" mentality (Burns ain't a high-tempo end-to-end rush kind of coach), so I reluctantly passed on Ross (the winningest Bruins coach ever, until recently).

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Thank you recency bias!

The Bulldogs select Norris trophy winning (2-time 1st-team all star NHL defenseman), three-time Norris trophy finalist P.K. Subban. He was a significant force his first 10 seasons in Montreal and Nashville, before his lacklustre last 3 years in New Jersey.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Bulldogs select the 6'2 tall 200 lbs defenseman who was drafted 1st overall in the 1979 NHL draft, Rob Ramage, who went first to the higher-paying WHA, becoming a 1st team all star in that league before his 1000+ game NHL career and Stanley Cups in two cities, tying for 3rd in team playoff goals with 11 in the successful postseason championship run in Calgary in 1986.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Bulldogs select Fleming Mackell, "the best amateur hockey player in Quebec,” according to Habs legendary left winger Dickie Moore. Montreal was nine hours too slow with the paperwork and Toronto swooped in and signed the phenom. At left wing he immediately provided secondary scoring in two Leafs championships. He went to Boston and was the 1st team NHL all star center in 1953. He would twice lead the NHL in playoff assists, losing Stanley Cup Finals twice to the dynasty Habs. Nicknamed "Sparkplug", he was high energy and lightning quick. He described himself as "surly and cocky".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad