Value of: Mtl- Tbay, Sens, Flyers, Ducks, Avs, Jackets

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Looking at from Tampa

Tanner Jeannot - hasn't produced/lived up to his contract, but only 1 year left, gives the Habs a physical forward in the bottom 6 who's better than Pezzetta and can handle the heavyweights, for the most part so Xhekaj doesn't have to fight them all.

Blue Jackets - Olivier, similar to Jeannot, but cheaper, better and possibly tougher.

Ducks - is Max Jones available?

Senators - Joseph ?

Flyers - last stop, but what added to Deslauriers to take him on ?

Avs - the rights to Trenin/Duhaime?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Looking at from Tampa

Tanner Jeannot - hasn't produced/lived up to his contract, but only 1 year left, gives the Habs a physical forward in the bottom 6 who's better than Pezzetta and can handle the heavyweights, for the most part so Xhekaj doesn't have to fight them all.

Blue Jackets - Olivier, similar to Jeannot, but cheaper, better and possibly tougher.

Senators - Joseph ?

Nope

Reactions: HabsAddict

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Avs will prolly go right up to the buzzer trying to sign both versus moving one for a late pick. There's ways to make it work and it'll come down to their playoff performance and contract expectations. Lots of Avs fans love their contributions so far.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Looking at from Tampa

Senators - Joseph ?

Max Jones isn't a lock to be qualified at 1.5M, the Ducks may just move on to create space for an upgrade. He's still young enough to figure out, but hasn't consistently brought that physical edge that he needs to have. Shows little flashes of skill but that won't ever be his game. Maybe a change of scenery can spark something but he's had wide open opportunity to carve out a role the last few seasons. Seems like a great guy and a well liked teammate, so I hope he can have a long career.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Looking at from Tampa

Senators - Joseph ?

I would assume 1 of max Jones or leason is available…. My preference is jones is moved or let go

Reactions: Rooch

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Actually, Garrioch has said that you can expect to hear that he's on the market/available this summer.

He's not as connected as he used to be, but it's something to consider.
I would be pretty shocked and dont put much stock in what Garrioch says. Regardless, if Joseph is dealt there is next to no chance it's to Montréal.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
I hope Joseph isn't available, he is very valuable on the pk and is a threat on the ice even strenght. While slightly overpaid he is no longer a cap casualty fodder he once was.

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
I hope Joseph isn't available, he is very valuable on the pk and is a threat on the ice even strenght. While slightly overpaid he is no longer a cap casualty fodder he once was.
He’s dangerous on the pk but I don’t think he’s valuable on the pk. We need a serious overhaul both in D and F for our pk

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Max Jones isn't a lock to be qualified at 1.5M, the Ducks may just move on to create space for an upgrade.

I'd say he's almost a lock NOT to be qualified. He should find an NHL gig somewhere though, he's decent enough, but the Ducks have so many young guys going pro now they need to be smart about their contract slots.

Reactions: Rooch

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Max Jones isn't a lock to be qualified at 1.5M, the Ducks may just move on to create space for an upgrade. He's still young enough to figure out, but hasn't consistently brought that physical edge that he needs to have. Shows little flashes of skill but that won't ever be his game. Maybe a change of scenery can spark something but he's had wide open opportunity to carve out a role the last few seasons. Seems like a great guy and a well liked teammate, so I hope he can have a long career.

I would assume 1 of max Jones or leason is available…. My preference is jones is moved or let go
So, Pezzetta and a pick ? I only include Pezzetta as he's "tough" and he's willing to fight, so the Ducks would have cheap cover to protect their young guys if they can't find someone better, which wouldn't be hard to do.
That's why I'd like the Habs to get him and we're hoping they'd get him at the start of last season.

Very solid on the pk, great speed, skill there to score and everything to like for a bottom 6 player

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So, Pezzetta and a pick ? I only include Pezzetta as he's "tough" and he's willing to fight, so the Ducks would have cheap cover to protect their young guys if they can't find someone better, which wouldn't be hard to do.

That's why I'd like the Habs to get him and we're hoping they'd get him at the start of last season.

Very solid on the pk, great speed, skill there to score and everything to like for a bottom 6 player
I’d do that pretty easily

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Actually, Garrioch has said that you can expect to hear that he's on the market/available this summer.

He's not as connected as he used to be, but it's something to consider.
They already need another Joseph but they're trading him? Hard to believe and that's why Garrioch is an imposter and embarrassment to the sens organization. They should ice him out and find someone who can put together a full sentence.

Reactions: Bileur

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

The Ducks do have Ross Johnston signed for a couple more seasons to fill the pugilist role but he shouldn't be playing every night. I'd make that deal

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Jeannot

For

Winnipeg 2024 1st
Barron
That sounds good.

Just remove:

The 1st from Winnipeg and remove Barron and you’re there.

The Avs are killing Winnipeg in the sores. Already up 10 goals in just four games. Would have been an easy sweep if not for a goalie meltdown in game one.

Barron hasn’t played, he’s hurt.

The Avs PP is crushing Peg. If I was Barron’s agent, I’d point this out next time they negotiate an extension. Barron may be pretty good. Winnipeg is missing him.

If I’m Peg and I wanted Jeannot, I’d offer a 3rd and say that’s my final offer.

Last edited:

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I'd say he's almost a lock NOT to be qualified. He should find an NHL gig somewhere though, he's decent enough, but the Ducks have so many young guys going pro now they need to be smart about their contract slots.
50/50. Verbeek might give him one more chance since he is a popular teammate and a useful depth player when healthy.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
That sounds good.

Just remove:

The 1st from Winnipeg and remove Barron and you’re there.

The Avs are killing Winnipeg in the sores. Already up 10 goals in just four games. Would have been an easy sweep if not for a goalie meltdown in game one.

Barron hasn’t played, he’s hurt.

The Avs PP is crushing Peg. If I was Barron’s agent, I’d point this out next time they negotiate an extension. Barron may be pretty good. Winnipeg is missing him.

If I’m Peg and I wanted Jeannot, I’d offer a 3rd and say that’s my final offer.
No sure you have the good Barron. We are talking about mtl here

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No sure you have the good Barron. We are talking about mtl here
I see. I saw Peg… but yes. That’s Monahan’s pick from the trade. My bad.

Poor Peg. Monahan and Toffoli are such bad fits vs the Avs. Too slow. Any other first round matchup and they are probably more effective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad