Tribute Music Thread

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
For all the music lovers of Chicago, a place to share and discuss.

Some alternative tracks on repeat for myself the last years:

Admittedly, not for some, but I've been on a White Stripes binge with the Aragon Ballroom live show that was recently released for the Elephant album 20 year anniversary.

Also enjoying some colter wall and outlaw/country music:

And will toss some classic rock/folk favorites in here for good measure:

Plenty more where that came from, likely will edit this when I get a minute to make it shorter. Would be more confident to share electronic/house music but that's a whole other world I know people have mixed taste on.

Look forward to hearing everyone's tunes.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
174A45F2-C054-4761-A168-4EAE85A02457.gif

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
For over 2 years I started listen to music more again.

I don't like most of the newer stuff. On the other hand, I can't stop with Against the Current. Not sure why, but I'm really into their music.

Overall, I'd say I listen to all kinds of music (mostly rock or metal), just needs to sound good.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Malaka

Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I picked up a new LP just to try and get close to that eventually.
I have to pick up a new guitar myself. I quit as a kid getting tricked to play bass to join the grade school band, a few years ago I got a beautiful replica gibson LP (classic red/orange Page sunburst) and it was hard to play off of. Probably a skill issue not gonna lie but after going and playing on a decently nice setup at guitar center or chicago music exchange it made practice brutal/unmotivating. I probably should’ve avoided that trap when I started back up lmao

The Cure were excellent 5-6 years ago I saw them. Played for over 3 hours!

• Haha
Reactions: Putt Pirate

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
LPs are hard to get around on depending on the neck thickness. I also have an Ernie Ball Axis that has a much more manageable neck. But you know what they say......a good portion of the tone comes from the neck.

Malaka

Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
LPs are hard to get around on depending on the neck thickness. I also have an Ernie Ball Axis that has a much more manageable neck. But you know what they say......a good portion of the tone comes from the neck.
I want to shave the neck down on mine for shits and gigs but am afraid of destroying it somehow end up snapping the truss rod. But playability is one thing for sure it just sounds like shit maybe could upgrade the pickups/frets.

Love this stuff man. Inject it in my veins

Reactions: dj Mahoney

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I want to shave the neck down on mine for shits and gigs but am afraid of destroying it somehow end up snapping the truss rod. But playability is one thing for sure it just sounds like shit maybe could upgrade the pickups/frets.

Love this stuff man. Inject it in my veins

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
Just saw Fast X and can't get this song out of my head. Won't Back Down by Bailey Zimmerman, Dermot Kennedy, and NBA Youngboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad