Value of: My favourite dman targets of varying ages and levels

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
A number of these guys are understandably completely unavailable. In all just guys I'd love to have filling that LD hole in NJD

Kids: Dickinson, Vlasic, Guhle

Graduated Kids: Fehevary, Samuelsson, Anderson, Hague

Mid 20s: Pettersson, Gavrikov, Theodore, Walman, Girard, Lindgren

Veteran Stopgaps: Dumoulin, Brodie, Forbort, Martinez, Cole, McNabb

Veteran Studs: McDonagh, Lindell, Brodin, Lindholm, Skjei, Orlov

Superstars: Werenski, Q Hughes, Slavin

Last edited:
Reactions: DickSmehlik

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
A number of these guys are understandably completely unavailable. In all just guys I'd love to have filling that LD hole in NJD

Veteran Stopgaps: Dumoulin, Brodie, Forbort, Martinez, Cole

Superstars: Werenski, Q Hughes
lol brodin isn’t available, neither is he getting traded. Minnesota would literally ask for Hughes. Brodin is also has full nmc! Guess what it’s not realistic nor is it happening

• Wow
Reactions: Grinner

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
lol brodin isn’t available, neither is he getting traded. Minnesota would literally ask for Hughes. Brodin is also has full nmc! Guess what it’s not realistic nor is it happening
Skipped the first sentence I see

I could see the Kings moving Gavrikov for futures.

If the Anderson is Mikey, good luck. Not available.
Gavrikov I could see being a discount target to take advantage of.

Based on his full NMC, high cap hit, and kings salary cap crunch, I could see him moved for pennies to clear space. If NJ is a place he's willing to play, I'd make an offer.

Reactions: Seanaconda

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Sounds like you're interested in literally any decent LHD in the league?
For the most part yeah. Ideally should be able to kill penalties at a high level, fire crisp and accurate breakout passes, and handle tough minutes.

Bahl and Smith filled the PK part incredibly, but holy shit were their breakout passes inaccurate. I still have hope for Bahl at some point but he wasn't ready for the role he was placed in. Stick him as a cheap 7D and see how he develops.

Pairings would range (exclude the superstars from this part).

But in general, Siegs-Hamilton would be together, and this new LD would be paired with either Nemec or Marino depending on fit.

In situations when NJD needs a goal, you'd see a lot of Nemec Hamilton Marino Luke.

When protecting a lead you'd see a lot more of Nemec Marino *New LD* Siegenthaler

Might want to warm up to the name Chychrun since he might be your most realist option.
Not really looking for another offensive dman, and need a guy to kill penalties

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Skipped the first sentence I see

Gavrikov I could see being a discount target to take advantage of.

Based on his full NMC, high cap hit, and kings salary cap crunch, I could see him moved for pennies to clear space. If NJ is a place he's willing to play, I'd make an offer.
I don’t see them moving him for Pennies at all.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I don’t see them moving him for Pennies at all.
Full NMC is terrible for trade value (see, Tarasenko, Vladimir)
Cap Crunch is terrible for trade value (see, Monahan, Sean)

The market for Gavrikov would be sparse.

why pay 6 mill and picks for Gavrikov when Montour, Skjei, Martinez, Ghost, Roy, Pesce, Dillon, Tanev, DeMelo, Zadorov, Walker, Brodie, etc can all be had for free.

NJD is in a rare situation where they have some 1 year cap to play with but not long term cap.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

Superstars: Werenski, Q Hughes
the lack of slavin i confusing

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Superstars: Werenski, Q Hughes, Slavin
You forgot fowler, who may be available and would likely waive for New Jersey

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Despite the numbers i wouldnt call Werenski a superstar. He's a better version of Hronek but also costs way more. Superstar? nah thats a stretch, he is a great d-man but superstar is a bit too much for me.

Finnish homer take but i will still say it, Lindell is the type of d-man who everyone should go after, him with lets say Hughes in Nucks would be perfect. Dude is mean and there are very few defenders in the league that does the shutdown role better.

Source on the "mean" part is from finnish video series "nhl without a map" where the other finns in Dallas said that everyone gets really angry towards him because even in practice Lindell will crosscheck and play hard unlike anyone else. And if you still are wondering if he is good, check the advanced stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad