New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'm really intrigued by Berube. I loved the way the Blues played under him, and they had some tough players, but they also had a lot of young talent that developed pretty well under him. He could be a great fit.

And aside from that, he deserves Sainthood for keeping the Bruins from winning another cup in their 10+ year reign of regular season terror.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Ugh all these recycling bin coaches, let's just go with someone completely out of left field.

Like me

1714415691244.png

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Ugh all these recycling bin coaches, let's just go with someone completely out of left field.

Like me

View attachment 861809
Dude, I was all over this last week or maybe two weeks ago? I even laid out my "it's not that hard plan". I've got this but you can be on the staff as the mocking coach. When a player or other coach needs to be mildly shot down with humor you are the guy.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Seattle fired Hakstol. Wonder if he’d make a good assistant (I have no idea)
i believe disco dan is their ahl coach, so that might be one off of our list

edit- i'm never going back to the cesspool twitter has become, but on the main board people are posting weekes' tweets and they are interesting. makes it sound like a big ass (current nhl coach) is going to be on the move. rod? cooper? sully? they are all intriguing

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder if that also has something to do with Hakstol getting the boot.

I wonder if Francis thinks he can bring Rod in because of the prior Hurricanes relationship.

Or maybe he would have kept Hakstol another year.

Jay Leach getting promoted to Seattle head coach?
Is there anything out regarding that? I figured he was banking on Rod becoming available or giving Disco Dan the promotion.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I wonder if that also has something to do with Hakstol getting the boot.

I wonder if Francis thinks he can bring Rod in because of the prior Hurricanes relationship.

Or maybe he would have kept Hakstol another year.

Is there anything out regarding that? I figured he was banking on Rod becoming available or giving Disco Dan the promotion.
I just can't believe Rod will sign with Seattle from winning the cup perspective. He is too good and so close with hurricanes. If he will change organisation it should be some contender.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just can't believe Rod will sign with Seattle from winning the cup perspective. He is too good and so close with hurricanes. If he will change organisation it should be some contender.
Yeah, I definitely don't think Seattle is any good, without knowing much about their prospect pool.

They lack skill. They're fast, but not very skilled. And I wonder if they buyout Grubauer this offseason or if they'll give him one more year then buyout the last 2 years, rather than take on a 6 year buyout.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Yeah, I definitely don't think Seattle is any good, without knowing much about their prospect pool.

They lack skill. They're fast, but not very skilled. And I wonder if they buyout Grubauer this offseason or if they'll give him one more year then buyout the last 2 years, rather than take on a 6 year buyout.
Their prispect pool isn't bad but it isn't very good and it can't be goid - their organisation is so young, they have only few drafts and they were play off team year ago. On expansion draft Francis didn't mine a lot of picks as he could. They are not Vegas, they need time.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
And that is part of the problem, Tom Fitzgerald the Devils GM wants to be involved with the day to day Devils game day. Most coaches don't want the GM looking over their shoulder or in their operating space. It is Fitz's job that gets him fired so he doesn't want to give up his control. Tough to find this kind of coach.
Every GM in the league has input in this stuff.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I mean this is Carolina, they pinched pennies with Dougie and tried to replace him with Tony D
Fair, but I think they're in a different position now than when they let Dougie walk. Although I guess they could sell letting Rod go as he can't win the big one if they still can't get to the Cup Final. I don't see him going anywhere soon though. Same as Sullivan and Cooper.

Honestly, I don't see any real big game candidates being out there to hunt this summer. I think most likely we end up with a retread people will turn on the first time we lose 2 games in a row.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Fair, but I think they're in a different position now than when they let Dougie walk. Although I guess they could sell letting Rod go as he can't win the big one if they still can't get to the Cup Final. I don't see him going anywhere soon though. Same as Sullivan and Cooper.

Honestly, I don't see any real big game candidates being out there to hunt this summer. I think most likely we end up with a retread people will turn on the first time we lose 2 games in a row.

Carolina is still cheap. Only team that doesn't want to spend on an AHL team. Their drafting recently hints that this problem won't resolve itself easily. Letting Dougie walk was a cap thing, not a cheap thing. Rod won't be let go for performance reasons.

I don't think Cooper will be fired but hey, maybe there is a chance.

Sullivan should be let go. Even good coaches have expiration dates and the team is clearly in need of a change. The only reason he is still there is because Crosby likes him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad