New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
You never know, Sherry Ross is not shy
Definitely not. But maybe beneficial to Keefe's marriage?

Oh, did you mean the other Sherry Ross?

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Definitely not. But maybe beneficial to Keefe's marriage?

Oh, did you mean the other Sherry Ross?

1715785742932.png

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Friedman said this morning that he thinks Berube is the favorite in Toronto but he also believes Treliving wants to slow down the process and not rush anything, so that checks out.

He also said that he previously thought the Devils were close to naming a coach but people told him don’t be so sure about that. He’s basically very unclear on timing/lead candidate and he’s not sure that Keefe is ready to jump right back into coaching.
Interesting. Keefe sits on sidelines collecting leaf money until dubas fires sullivan down the road. We are already stuck with mclellan or woodcroft at that point

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I don't want to pile on....but can I just say that it's absolutely batshit bonkers that Ottawa went out that quickly and hired Travis Green of all people? Even still, looking around at the coaches circulating and available, how many openings are still pending.....seems kind of insane to me that they went out and rushed to hire Travis freaking Green

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't want to pile on....but can I just say that it's absolutely batshit bonkers that Ottawa went out that quickly and hired Travis Green of all people? Even still, looking around at the coaches circulating and available, how many openings are still pending.....seems kind of insane to me that they went out and rushed to hire Travis freaking Green
Obviously there was either a personal connection or something that they really wanted from him. Seems odd to me but clearly he presents something different in a coaching interview than he does to the press.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
So far the only coaches hired elswhere is the coach we fired, and the interim coach we pretended was a candidate but actually wasn’t. It isn’t like we are letting the market slip from beneath us. It looks like we are the market setters.

I'm reminded of a favorite Lou quote: "when you have time, use it." He may have said a lot of other crazy shit, but he got that one right.

It would be good to have a coach in place by the Draft, but there is nothing big on the calendar before that. It's not like the new coach will be running practices in midsummer.

There is no reason to make a knee-jerk hire. This is an attractive job, and there are multiple good candidates. Fitz should take his time and evaluate the options carefully.

Reactions: Bleedred and HBK27

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
I'm reminded of a favorite Lou quote: "when you have time, use it." He may have said a lot of other crazy shit, but he got that one right.

It would be good to have a coach in place by the Draft, but there is nothing big on the calendar before that. It's not like the new coach will be running practices in midsummer.

There is no reason to make a knee-jerk hire. This is an attractive job, and there are multiple good candidates. Fitz should take his time and evaluate the options carefully.
….”don’t worry about my cap”….

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Travis Green is a hiring I would expect DorionMelnyk to make. Or at least just Dorion himself.

You would never even know Dorion was fired after the news broke that Ottawa was hiring Travis Greeb. You may not even know that Melnyk is no longer the owner, nor no longer even living.

Though Dorion made plenty of these errors after Melnyk’s passing.

Like the Korpisalo contract last offseason.

But Dorion is gone. What a miserable hire for them. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

I do wonder if teams are waiting to see if other coaches become available as well.

Brind'Amour seems like a long-shot to leave Carolina, but there's some smoke there as his contract expires after this season. He'd easily be the best coach to hit the market in quite some time if he becomes available.

People were questioning Montgomery's future in Boston during the first round. Again, would be really surprised if he gets canned, but you never know.

Devils have no reason to rush it. I would argue that it is the premier HC position currently open in the league. Team with a contention window that should be opening, high-end young players, owners that seemingly are willing to pay and stay out of the way and of course much, much less media scrutiny than a place like Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad