OT: New OT Bread

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
:eek: Yeah, we used to say we have earthquakes, wildfires and mudslides, but at least we don't have hurricanes and tornados. We had two or three tornados earlier this year and now a tropical storm (at least it isn't projected to be hurricane by the time it gets to CA). The earth is saying this is what you get after not taking care of me.
The fun thing is that hurricanes can increase the chance of earthquakes.

• Wow
Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
It should dissipate into tropical storm by time it hits socal. But it will still dump a metric shit ton of rain down on us. Just in time to wash my car for free

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I didn't feel the earthquake, but my phone app went crazy. I didn't know that it would do that, but all of a sudden I got this weird alert from my phone about the earthquake. Its nice to know that it works.

I called a friend up in Ventura County, where the earthquake was located, and they said that it sounded like a truck was backing into their house, but all was undamaged.

Meanwhile according to the Orange County hydrology page we have had about an inch of rain so far from this storm, with the strongest part of the storm to come. It is pretty much sauna like when I go outside with the tropic storm and tropical heat. I, and my dog, do not care for it at all

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Felt nothing, cats still sleeping and got no alerts; just vibing with the rain

giphy.webp

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Felt nothing, cats still sleeping and got no alerts; just vibing with the rain

giphy.webp
Got the alert on my phone. Started to notice the earthquake when my cheap furniture began to squeak. The only time the cats started to freak out was when I yelled to my wife "earthquake!" Otherwise they would've been completely unfazed.

Reactions: duckaroosky

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
For those familiar with the legend of Evel Knievel this is pretty good article on his life and legend.

Here's some video of his Snake River Canyon jump.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
For those familiar with the legend of Evel Knievel this is pretty good article on his life and legend.

Here's some video of his Snake River Canyon jump.

Here's the horrible movie Viva Knievel starring the man himself with Gene Kelly as a sidekick and Lauren Hutton as his love interest somehow. I think Leslie Nielsen is the bad guy??

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
It feels wrong that hockey season is so close while there are still so many goddamn mosquitos around
Winter's gonna be wild. The ocean stored ~5C more heat than most other years (up until now anyway). We'll either have absolutely no snow whatsoever anywhere or we'll get ENORMOUS amounts of it once temperatures drop below freezing and the air decides it doesn't want to hold all the moisture anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad