Post-Series Talk: New York Rangers defeat the Washington Capitals 4-0

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I think only concern for NYR is are they underprepared because this was too easy or could TB or NYI screw them by winning another game or 2. As of now they should begin Friday but it could be pushed as late as Sun/Mon if those series are prolonged. At that stage the extra rest is a risk and also Canes might be getting more battle tested by the Isles. Its only concern I think I'd have for NYR because I think they are just better than Carolina though Vegas does not think so

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
It was elite special teams and good team defense at 5v5 that was the story of this series. Caps definitely were outmatched, but these games weren’t blowouts.

Reactions: Summer Rose

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Good series. You should know if we somehow lost this one, I was probably going to pull for the caps to make it to the final on the east.

Reactions: Summer Rose

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Ovechkin looked like he was playing in an old-timers game most of the series.
I was thinking same. Carbury in such a tough spot.

You have a legend on a team in transition.. You want to get all the good marketing vibes that come from him breaking the goals record. But he's a luxury they cannot afford. Team in transition, bringing players up from a successful team in Hershey. Probably some other moves to make in the summer.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Unsurprising, the team that has no business being in the playoffs got absolutely smoked when in the playoffs.

I wish Detroit would have made it, they would have put up a much better fight I think.

They would have gotten swept losing evey game 7-3 instead of 4-2.

There wasn't a team I wanted more than Detroit.

Your Penguins would have put up a better fight though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad